Missing Steel boxes -UK members please read.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The post guy at the local depot said to me "you know if they hadn't put a value of $80 on the front of the package, you'd have had this sent directly to you".

This is like a cop saying if you want to get somewhere faster, "why don't you just push that little peddle thing down to the floor?"

So why don't you guys at Battlefront put a value of $5 on the front of the package? Or even "$0 - sample". Who's going to know otherwise?

Hmmm... so when the EU sent us a letter threatening to shut us down and haul us into court for violating import laws, they were just guessing? I'm serious here, it happened. "Ignorance is bliss" is the old saying. We used to underreport and we got caught. Having our entire business shut down because the UK has an incredibly unfair "processing fee" (tax, IMHO) is not in anybody's best interests.

Let me make this VERY clear. We are not going to commit criminal acts on the behalf of our customers. Period. If you don't like the results of us complying with the letter of the law (which states we have to include the value of the shipping charges) then get your laws changed or don't preorder from us.

I can't be bothered to play the game now to be honest. Deflated, defeated and with a hard-to-read manual, this just sums up the year's gaming for me so far. I've played the game a couple of times and given up in frustration. I'm an old fashioned person who likes to have the manual in hand when I play, take it to bed to read and even peruse it whilst on the throne. CM:BN is a complex, unforgiving beast and it just isn't a game you can dive into and RTFM later. Not for me anyway.

I'm glad you thought to add the bit at the end. For some, winning at the Demo first shot through was not a problem. For others they couldn't get through the first turn. It's a full spectrum and it seems you fit somewhere inbetween. Most people seem to think that if you put a little effort into shifting some mental blocks out of the way you'll easily move toward the side that enjoys the game.

Oh and one more thing, mid-brown print is hard on the human eye. Couple it with a light brown paper and you're asking for trouble. Whats wrong with black and white for heaven's sake?

We hav acknowledged that the print should have been darker. The printer made some sort of error and we were faced with the choice between rejecting the whole batch, and delaying shipping by as much as a month, or going with what we had. We didn't feel the contrast was so bad that it warranted them all going into the dumpster and listening to people scream at us for a month about not getting their preorders. Remember, customers don't like to be unhappy even if the reasons are for their own good. Well, unless it's after the fact when they have the benefit of 100% accurate hindsight :D

What have I got for my money? A difficult-to-open box, a disc and a manual that is difficult to read without getting serious eyestrain. And a game that I can't sell, I suspect.

It's your property, you can do with it as you see fit. The only issue is the license code has already had at least once use on it.

Steve

I imagine General Chaos was also a very picky eater as a child- pushing his food around the plate and whining that it was too hot, then after playing with it for an hour, complaining that it was cold, that one food was touching another, that there was too much of what he didn't like or too little of what he liked.

I'm glad I don't work in a job that requires dealing with customers, as I'd end up going Postal! Even when the complainers are a tiny minority, the self-pity, drama and energy they put into it makes one drown out a thousand pleased customers!

We hav acknowledged that the print should have been darker. The printer made some sort of error and we were faced with the choice between rejecting the whole batch, and delaying shipping by as much as a month, or going with what we had. We didn't feel the contrast was so bad that it warranted them all going into the dumpster and listening to people scream at us for a month about not getting their preorders. Remember, customers don't like to be unhappy even if the reasons are for their own good. Well, unless it's after the fact when they have the benefit of 100% accurate hindsight :D

I hope you did not pay full price for the bitched batch. And in handling relations with customers, and assuming you have e-mail addresses for the clients, advising each and everyone early of your commercial decision to use the manuals to get them into their hot grubby hands would have been a good decision. Better than let it fester on the Boards for weeks.

Incidentally publishing the .pdf in its toned version was also not that helpful to people who like to read a paper copy. I though you did that deliberately to make printing difficult so people would want the manual. Hah!