Command Idea: Move Company/Platoon

So you are moving 3 companies (Courage and Fortitude). One way would be to double click on an HQ, click on a point, and everything moves in parallel.

Except, this does not work well with a lot or terrain or, say, a bridge, or down a road with blocking terrain on either side--at least, I dont' thinkit words well.

What would be immensely useful if to be able to click on a location, and all the elements path that, or near that location. That would involve the AI doing some pathing, but I think it already does some of that.

[bTW: I know understand Battlefront does not look at this forum as a "chat site", where people have threads just to express.....understood.]

I for one would like to see the AI develeoped to the extent where all you need to do is order an HQ to move to an area and perform an action, eg move to that hill and defend and the AI be smart enough to do that, rather than having to micromanage everything.

We are a fair way off this tho' I think.

I for one would like to see the AI develeoped to the extent where all you need to do is order an HQ to move to an area and perform an action, eg move to that hill and defend and the AI be smart enough to do that, rather than having to micromanage everything.

We are a fair way off this tho' I think.

Nah, that will never happen in our lifetime.

That's great for the Panther Games series where the units are abstracted but when you see the units 1:1 you will see in excruciating detail too many units doing dumb stuff far too often.

Heck, especially in CMSF there was the complaint that there was too much dumb stuff happening witrh a human at the helm.

I know understand Battlefront does not look at this forum as a "chat site", where people have threads just to express.....understood.

Not sure where that is in regards to, but people are very much free to share ideas. Dunno why you feel you shouldn't. They even allow the Peng thread (don't look!!!!!!) so you should feel free to post anything that might be considered relevant here, or off topic in the General Forum.

Still waiting for my full-game to arrive . . . should be any day now.

Anyhow . . .

One way would be to double click on an HQ, click on a point, and everything moves in parallel.

I believe the CMX:1 games all had this option. It was quite useful. As I recall, you could click on a platoon and move them all in parallel lines to a certain point. You could then reposition each waypoint individually at the end of that straight line.

Is this not possible in CM:BN?

Where it excels for me having to make those decisions. If I wanted to just tell a company to move to X position I'd play something else.

How would this option lessen your ability to make decisions? It simply speeds up the orders phase when moving your men, in an orderly fashion (ie. in command radius).

As if a captain never gets on the horn and tells a whole platoon or company to "move there"

In any case, you still have/had the option of placing the final waypoint. Granted, it is not the sort of group command that you'd want to use when your men are actually engaged in combat . . . but it was quite handy while moving to contact across field and forest.

Please tell me this is still an option in CM:BN . . . or tell me how it is irrelevant or impossible or how CM:BN has improved on the idea. Your statement that you just love to give duplicate commands to "cross a field", for example . . . sounds rather silly.

I've often done something similar to that 'requested feature'. I give multipule units a single distant movement order to the far side of a river bank or a bocage maze and let them figure out the details. It isn't pretty sometimes but it usually works. Its especially useful if you find yourself on the wrong end of an big QB map with little chance of running into the enemy for the first kilometer. I then ignore the advancing units until I hear gunfire being exchanged. :)