La Goucherie QB Map for Testing

I'm finishing up my first map with the CMBN editor. It depicts the area of La Goucherie and La Barre du Pre, which was where my grandfather first saw combat with the 113th Cav Grp. I may make some scenarios for the 113th's battles, but I want to be able to get the QB thing down first as it gives players a good deal of variety.

I've relied on Google Earth for this first attempt, but it's pretty accurate as far as that goes- as someone else mentioned it's easy to see the lines of older hedgerows from the perspective of a satellite. The map is pretty dense (as is the real terrain), so slower rigs will need to turn down their graphics options.

I've added lots of points of entry through the hedgerows in the form of fences and stone walls, so that armored combat can take place on the map. I may close some of these up if I do a more semi-historical scenario on the 113th's action.

I'm learning the process of the QB editor, so this map will get a variety of plans. As it stands now, I have 3 plans a side for both Germans and US as well as arty plans. If someone that knows the editor wouldn't mind taking a look and giving some constructive feedback, I'd appreciate it.

I'll post a link to the map itself in this thread soon.

Pics:

9legps.jpg

w1wksp.jpg

2mri929.jpg

jqrkea.jpg

Looks very authentic, but also looks like it needs about twice as many trees -- as you say though, that's going to seriously impair playability. As a compromise, maybe fill a number of those central fields with Calvados orchards to cut down on the long range LOS opportunities and force the Kittehs to fight close quarters.....

Thanks, I'm glad people like it. I've added a few more trees, and changed a few minor things with the initial version to make the sight lines a bit shorter across the longer fields.

I've just uploaded two versions of the map for QB play- one for meeting engagements and one for assault. Both files have multiple plans, and are playable from either side. I've tested it a bit, and the AI does tolerably well. Advice is appreciated.