New file at the Repository: Line of Defense (CMAK remake) (2011-06-02)

This is the Combat Mission: Afrika Korps Demo scenarion "Line of Defense" remade for CMBN. It features two reinforced companys with armor support fighting for a small town. Highly faithful recreation of the CMAK original.Playable either side! Germans have 2 AI plans (defending), Americans have 1 AI plan (attacking) for now. I couldn't do much play-testing, so feedback on the AI behaviour is highly appreciated!Original by Dan "KwazyDog" Olding.

More...

Great scenario and I was waiting for this one. But since I could dream the original there needs to be done some work on the elevation.

I will talk from German point of view.

On the German side there should be a hill from left side map edge until the right side edge and from there you can overlook the village. The hill is on the opposite side of the river not in the village. In the centre of the map there should also a hill be a high from side map edge until the road.

Since it is your work I will wait for you otherwise I will modify it when you don’t want to change it.

Again well done and we got a solid base here :)

I know about the elevation. Elevation seems to be handled differently from CMx1 in CMBN. At first I did a plain recreation of the original heightmap, yet it looked extremely flat compared to the original. Now the height differences are actually more extreme than in the CMx1 version, meaning most hills actually higher and the depressions are deeper.

Anyway, even if it doesn't exactly look like in the original, I tried to pay attention so there shouldn't be any Lines of Sight that weren't also in the original.

You can open the map in the editor and compare it to the elevation in the original.

To summarize: Elevation is less pronounced in CMBN, but its still there.

Great work with the editor! I'm playing as the US, and I'm having a blast!

I have found two problems though, both C2 in character. It seems like the 1st platoon isn't attached to A company, even at point range the HQ never get contact.

The other problem might not be a problem, but guessing by the placement of the light mortars, are they supposed to be attached to the different platoons? At the moment. they aren't so you have to keep them back with the heavy weapons hq.