Setting a TRP

Can I use a TRP that is not associated with a time. For instance can i TRP a location, save it, then go back to it, much later to execute it. So far I have been using TRPs with a time delay and everything has been working fine. But this new recently released community map La something :), the primary objective looks mean. I want to pound em to hell on command and not wait the long delay.

You are Correct. During the setup phase when you don't need LOS. Say I want to hit target objective xyz. I go ahead and go in to the artillery tab set it up but it asks when do i want it to launch, up to 15Mins. How do i set it up and just save it for much later when i want to launch my attack. at the higher levels TRPs are a must

I read page 41 but i guess i miss understood it. I just reread it, so now I'm getting , a TRP is map centric. I saw "setup phase" and read the definition of a TRP and thought it was abstracted in the setup phase. Meaning "crunching the numbers" and dialing it in was being done in the setup phase because it was done before the match began.

If I'm now correct that would be a nice feature.. And i cant set my own TRP. :(

If you want to play with TRP's, try the Le Desert scenario as American defender. It comes with several TRP's that you can position as you like before you start the game; you can use them as either traditional artillery TRP's or as ambush foci. It is a fun scenario and very rewarding if you can figure out how to clobber Jerry on his way in and then ambush the survivors when they come down the main drag looking to take the town.

TRP (Target Reference Point)

Target Reference Points are special points on the battlefield which have been

“pre-registered” in advance for a support strike. This means that the exact

location and distance to a TRP is known to both the spotter and the firing

element.

Artillery strikes targeted near a TRP (within 50m) do not require LOS from the

spotter, do not use or need spotting rounds, and have a near-zero preparation

time (however, the “communication” time is unaffected, so don’t expect

battleships or corps-level rockets to be on hair-trigger readiness due to a

TRP).

Placement of TRPs during setup is not limited to friendly zones.

Note: In CM:BN, TRPs also double-function as “ambush”

markers for regular troops and vehicles. When soldiers

fire their weapons at a target near a friendly TRP, they

are much better at estimating the range correctly.

PRE-PLANNED BARRAGES

Artillery strikes ordered during the Setup-Phase are automatically considered

to be “pre-planned barrages”. The game effects are similar to firing artillery

near a TRP: no LOS from the spotter is required, no spotting rounds are

fired, and there is almost no preparation time.

If you're talking about my La Meauffe scenario's primary target (chateau), then I can help. :)

Scenario will have enough time to wait for 155mm heavy artillery. I will take 10-15 minutes to arrive. No need to call it too early or pre planned it.

When I playtested the scenario I preplanned smoke screen. Then rushed over river. After clearing village I called heavy artilery (maximum 155mm mission) to hammer chateau. I did loose some momentum and troops had to wait until advancing to another objective. But mission completed anyway.

Cool man. on the higher levels, you have to be on your p&q's with the support. Or you be setting around watching the clock or turns go by. The main objective looks mean. I know they are there(can't see em lol ) but need to be pounded before attacked. Thanks again to all those that help clear this up