A GUI optimization 2: unit info

I was going to write ideas and suggestions about unit info optimization in a similar way we did at a previous thread about soldiers info panel:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=97447

But then I figured out how to make it into a mod.

So, well, enjoy it,

it will be downloable soon.

unitinfo.jpg

This mod gives a background to the unit info attributes by filing the blank spaces between them, describing and grouping every attribute.

Include a full coloured suppresionmeter based on Marco Bergman work.

Two bonus versions to choose, thumbs or numbers.

Spanish texts versions also included.

Hope you like it.

Well Niessuh i believe this is the first mod i am seeing that has done any changes with this part of the GUI. I am going to check it out. The Numbers look like they would be more tase in the variation. I know the part I shared in the other thread about showing OPEN/BUTTONED/FLOOR/PASSENGER status here is probably something beyond what is capable with modding, but what about adding color indicators green, yellow,and red to the ammo for a general at a glance status? Possible?

you can use Rezplode (at the Mod Tools folder) to unzip the .brz file, put "suppression meter.bmp" out and then move the rest to RezPack, zipping again.

I am actually at work so I can't do it :P

Ahh, of course. It pays to read the mod folder file. Ta.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the larger red, and green numbers as they stand out better and are easier to read. For the rest I prefer the stock black box with white type and colored outline, and cone supression so I made a custom version for myself with just the numbers. Thanks for making this I really like the numbers over the stock version.

Something I think your mod might not have captured...

Sometimes the little box around the modifier number is red, and sometimes it's green. I'd started to come to the conclusion that this is an indicator as to whether an element has been made 'brittle' by excess morale stress, and I don't see where that's carried over into your mod.

Now, my interpretation is mine alone, obviously :) and I may have the wrong end of the stick wrt that particular bit, but regardless of what it means (and I'd love to know for sure, rather than just guessing) could you explain where it's signified in the display as you've modified it?

Clark, the green bar stands for +1 modifier. I am basicly using colored bars instead of thumbs up/down, or numbers for my personal moddification. The box outline still turns yellow, or red depending on status.

Double red bar = -2

single red bar = -1

single green bar = +1

double green bar = +2