possible bug: Infantry is shooting through walled windows

I had a QB and I discovered that my infantry got shot and was shooting outside a walled window :confused: Maybe a bug? In this barn you can also see the walled windows from the outside but not from the inside.

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/7752/cmnormandy2011053003270.png

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3549/cmnormandy2011053003272.png

The second picture is this

cmnormandy2011053003272.png

It shows a wooden barn. Wouldn't bullets penetrate this fairly easily? And if you knew the enemy were inside such a barn, I'm sure you would hose it down and cause casulties. However, if you are inside, I don't expect you would be able to shoot out, since you could not see who to shoot.

It would be quite a different situation for a brick or stone building which bullets could not penetrate.

Just my idle two pence. I'm sure a barn grog will step in to talk up the bullet absorbing propensities of Normandy farm buildings...

If you've got two facade walls butting and one of them has a door or a window in it the AI treats the facades as though there was a connecting door or window. With modular building types the designer can adjust the two facade connections to match-up to eachother, and often spends a LOT of time doing just that. Independent buildings are... well... independent If a door/window facade gets butted up against a no-door facade that's 'designer error'.

If you've got two facade walls butting and one of them has a door or a window in it the AI treats the facades as though there was a connecting door or window. With modular building types the designer can adjust the two facade connections to match-up to eachother, and often spends a LOT of time doing just that. Independent buildings are... well... independent If a door/window facade gets butted up against a no-door facade that's 'designer error'.

He's not talking about the windows to the right hand side.

Click the first screenshot and look at the textures of the front outside wall. There's clearly a walled up window right in front of the guy aiming out of it.

Check your save file for the exact name of the QB (You will find it by clicking on "briefing"). This may be an early build barn that needs to be replaced. If you can also take a pic of the barn location that would be a big help. Thanks!