BFC, maybe a feasible request?

I was wondering if you guys would be able to include an option for transparent foliage. In the same way occupied buildings are transparent. I love the tree trunk only function of woods now, but you lose a lot of the detail that way. So, is this a possibility maybe?

The tree leaf graphics use transparency so it is possible to try it out in some sort of way by modifying the Alpha channel of the bitmaps. I have experimented with the concept in the past, but there's some issues with it, mostly that it's incredibly ugly, like the troops were swimming in salad.

It also becomes apparent that there would need to be some sort of clear cut rule for when it should apply, but this is difficult with trees. With buildings it's simple: if someone is inside, the building goes transparent. But with foliage, how do you decide? If all nearby tree leaves are transparent, it will look ugly most of the time. If only trees with units nearby went semi-transparent, it might look better, but then again it depends on the view angle - other trees might still block the vision.