Mord's CMBN Unit Portraits

Mord

Yeah...man...FINALLY! Whelp you guys should dig this...'specially you US fans. 116 new unit portraits for your CMBN gaming pleasure. Got five flavors, Plain, Flag, US Division Patches, Flag + US Division Patches and Big US Division Patches. Far as I know I covered all the US Divisions that fought in France up unto August...LOL but I am sure one of you nit picky bastards will find something I missed...so, if so post it and I'll get a fix in in the next version.

German lovers, I really tried to find some Divisional stuff for the Hun but all I could come up with were some black and white emblems...they didn't look quite right and I couldn't even find them for all the divisions stationed at Normandy. So, I'll keep trying but don't hold your breath.

Anyway, here are some screens.

Hope you guys dig it, I worked my butt off making these!

mordscmbnportraitsplash.jpg

Now, maybe I can actually play a battle!

Mord.

Thanks very much for putting this together, Mord ol' pal! =)

Now, maybe I can actually play a battle!

I hear ya, man. Since the full game has come out, I've done as much fiddling with mods and brz's — in particular swapping voice files (hint-hint) — as I have actually playing the game! =P

Thanks, My man!

Yep! Mods the game within the game. I've always said CM has three games...the battle part, the editor part and the mod slutting part. All fun stuff.

LOL...I know...I know...voice mod. I plan on doing one just need the opportune moment where I can scream into a microphone for 10 hours or so. I'd like to enlist some friends to help me on this one so I can have more than one voice on the thing.

OH and BTW if anybody wants this, it's up at Greenasjade's (it didn't update the thread though)...I posted here and there but it always takes the Repository forever it seems...

Mord.

Thank you! I am hoping at some point soon I can give the Germies the same lovin' I showed the US forces.

Enjoy!

For some reason this won't show up on the Repository, I uploaded it three times in the last 15 hours.

Mord.

Quick question does the game randomise the divisional patches or does it use the right one for the scenario? I expect you just have to choose one to install...if so I will use the flags...

You choose which ones you want to use and place them in your z folder...the readme has full instructions on how to install and the like.

Mord.

I've always said CM has three games...the battle part, the editor part and the mod slutting part. All fun stuff.

*pfft*

Those three parts are for amateurs. The Forum part is where the real fun's to be had :D

Far as I know I covered all the US Divisions that fought in France up unto August...LOL but I am sure one of you nit picky bastards will find something I missed...so, if so post it and I'll get a fix in in the next version.

Can I be a nit-picky bastige and suggest a generic tanker one for all the non-divisional tank bns ... and perhaps a generic tank-destroyer one too?

German lovers, I really tried to find some Divisional stuff for the Hun but all I could come up with were some black and white emblems...they didn't look quite right and I couldn't even find them for all the divisions stationed at Normandy. So, I'll keep trying but don't hold your breath.

Oh, I have those for the divisions that fought in Normandy from an old project I was working on. Well, most of them anyway. I think I'm missing one, maybe two, of the inf divs. Send me a PM if you're interested.

*pfft*

Those three parts are for amateurs. The Forum part is where the real fun's to be had :D

Yeah...I forgot...the dreaded fourth...and dirtiest...dark secret part...of the whole CM experience...The FORUM!

Mord.

Can I be a nit-picky bastige and suggest a generic tanker one for all the non-divisional tank bns ... and perhaps a generic tank-destroyer one too?

Not sure what you mean Jon...I have a couple generics in the first set of screenies...generic Armored Infantry and Armor.

Mord.

Not sure what you mean Jon...I have a couple generics in the first set of screenies...generic Armored Infantry and a Armor.

The US Armd Div unit patches were the three-coloured triangle with the divisional number in the upper, yellow, part of the triangle (and sometimes a logo - like HELL ON WHEELS - in a banner underneath). AIUI, the indep tk bns used exactly the same three-part triangle, but without any number in the yellow (because they were non-divisional).

TD Bns had their own unit patch which was, again AIUI, common to all:

Td_logo.jpg

Oh, OK! Gotchya...I wasn't aware of that BUT I will definitely add them into the next version then.

I am not the smartest guy WWII wise but I want the mod to be as cool to use as I can make it so that's definitely a plus.

Thanks.

Mord.

Hey Mord, thanks for the great mod. I was wondering what you were working on,..I assumed it was a sound mod. :) You've added another nice touch to this wonderful game. In CMSF and IL2 I spent more time screwing around with the editor than actually playing the game, and in the last week with CMBN, it's been the same. I can't break away from making and continually changing and refining maps.

Cheers!

I am planning on doing another sound mod...but I want this one to blow the CMSF one out of the water...a magnum opus to celebrate CMBN! Gonna take some time though.

But I know what you mean! I think I spent more time in CMSF screwing with modding, looking at mods and dicking in the editor than I did playing...same with CMBO and IL2...always testing something or trying to get that look just right to the detriment of actually playing...still fun as hell though!

Glad you dig the mod, man...version 1.1will be even better!

Mord.