Erbsenmuster / Dot44

GSX , Aragorn2002

as for Wehrmacht camo, It is very likely that when I am done with this I will move to said camo as there are quite a few types used even if rarely. My reason for doing this was the inspiration drawn from learning about the 12th. I might even recommend you yourselves give skinning a shot, it's never to late to learn a new hobby :P

Wyseman76

Hi Wyseman. Sorry if I did sound a bit ungrateful, I'm not. I think your camo mod looks great. And you underestimate your skill, it definitely isn't for everyone. Keep up the good work!

About the Wehrmacht Camo Uniforms in Normandy:

You should note that the Zeltbahn was often used as poncho during rainy days and also as improvised camo.

So most likely you would not see real camo uniforms (like the Waffen-SS one) on Wehrmacht soldiers but lots of guys with their Zeltbahn used as poncho.

What im talking about can be seen here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S73822,_Arnheim,_Grenadiere_gehen_durch_Gr%C3%A4ben_vor.jpg

I have been reading about the 12th SS Panzer Division and felt inspired to attempt this.

Awesome work sir! When do you plan on releasing it, or have you already?

Oh and I won't be complaining about any historical inaccuracy! After all, it's your mod, and it's up to the player to decide whether to use it or not, or even to *edit the textures themselves* in Photoshop using the many reference books available on uniforms if they aren't happy with your work. No complaints from me, keep going and thanks for doing it! :)

Clean version of M43 conversion to 12th SS Panzer Division Hitlerjugend has been submitted to the repository.

Crew and Officers are untouched as of yet.

After I get the dirt and mud right I will add a dirty version, and then move on to the officers and crew.

Waff12th.jpg

Clean version of M43 conversion to 12th SS Panzer Division Hitlerjugend has been submitted to the repository.

Thanks, got it! For sure, feel free to update with weathered versions later; it's nice of you to release the clean version first though so we can actually see how nice a job you made of it "off the peg" before messing it all up! Hehe it's hard to put all that work into it and then have to cover it in a load of crap eh? Very nice job, thanks for sharing buddy.

BTW, I may (or may not) edit your textures a little in photoshop (for my own personal use) maybe changing it slightly to what I feel is more historic, but of course, that's my business and nobody elses. :) One thing I will most certainly never do is criticize your work and your kindness for sharing it. Thanks again old boy, I'm sure you've done this sort of thing before, very professional.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I will certainly continue to work on CMBN. The historical accuracy is definitively something I have a lot to learn about.

I must add that there are a few places in the UVmap that stretch a bit more than I would like but I can not correct that as it is on BF's end. With that stretching I find that to much detail makes it all the more noticeable and just does not look well. With single colors, as the default uniforms are, it is for the most part unnoticeable.

Vehicles and such have been more my thing as far as texture work goes but I just had to give clothing a try. Glad I did.

What's a "green pea" pattern? Never heard of that one before...

Just like this one except primarilly green instead of brown. I thought Erbsenmuster translated as "Pea pattern". Well I'm being greedy anyway. Great work on this one.

Guessed as much... Well, as far as I know there ever was only ONE such pattern. The variation your efer to either comes from different manufacturers (not sure if there was more than one) or simply through wear - if modern-day replicas of said uniforms are even remotely close to the quality in WW2, those colors tend to wash out/bleach pretty fast.