Hold Fire toggle

Nice, didnt remember reading about the 360 arc.

I should have mentioned it in the tutorial, but forgot to. It's not actually something you need to use all that often, since if you really think they might come from any side, your force is probably already FUBAR. ;)

I should have mentioned it in the tutorial, but forgot to. It's not actually something you need to use all that often, since if you really think they might come from any side, your force is probably already FUBAR. ;)

Haha, true. But just knowing I can go beyond 180 is pretty neat, as ive tried to before. :)

My only use for a circular cover arc is precisely as a hold-fire order. It's quicker to hit V and shift-click at the 'security reaction' range than it is to hit V and then find that range twice with the mouse.

The good thing about a Cover Arc is that you can allow the unit at least some freedom for self-defense in the case of 'surprises', which you wouldn't be able to do if there was an absolute 'hold fire' command, and you have more control than if a 'hold fire' command had some facility for the unit's AI to override it.

Yeah i always set up a 360 cover arc at 30-50 mtrs when i push up an early scout or spotter for artillery so they dont open fire and reveal themselves but provide you with the intel in relative safety. A must for setting up ambushes on AFV to prevent wild shots from 150mtrs away and waste all there precious AT rounds.