hits and damage visible ?

hello,

i´s like to ask if ingame hits (damage/wholes or whatever) is visible inside game ?

maybe grafic quality settings ?

if i have a track damage and look at my tank, everything looks normal.

also defeated tanks looks normal without any damage or sometimes they burn.

thx

andi

'Destroyed' textures and models would be interesting and a visual help for the player. Any current 3d tacgame have it. Hit decals shouldn't be too hard to add (wild guessing) and are nice for nerds like me who enjoy reconstructing the fight. Achtung Panzer is pretty amazing in that 'forensic tank hit analysis' thingie :P

This is what Steve had to say about it a couple months back

Doh, I should have mentioned the decals thing myself! My guess is we'll implement the hit decals before we have destructible models. There's other benefits to a "decal" system, such as the potential for having customized rank graphics on soldiers, vehicle numbers, building damage decals, etc. I can't promise that all of these things will happen at once, but I can say that once the underlying code is written for decals the foundation will be there.

Steve

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1234512&postcount=24

'Destroyed' textures and models would be interesting and a visual help for the player. Any current 3d tacgame have it. Hit decals shouldn't be too hard to add (wild guessing) and are nice for nerds like me who enjoy reconstructing the fight. Achtung Panzer is pretty amazing in that 'forensic tank hit analysis' thingie :P

yes ... that was a reason, why i started to ask here in the forum, because destroyed tanks looks like brand new ones and many went my mouse over a destroyed one to check if its destroyed or maybe active.