Man vs Computer: A Tale of a Quick Battle

My first impressions are that this game is a(nother) keeper by BattleFront. Thank You for your continued effort to keep Real war gaming alive.

My first scenario had something to do with a farm ;) Since it's way too early for spoilers, I'll just say that the farm is now mine and the Germans paid for it. Dearly.

Unfortunately, by the time I finished I was looking at too few hours of sleep available before the alarm would ring. Being a man of unreputable self-control and knowing that the game will be on my computer for years, I did the smart thing and started a small Quick Battle: Meeting Engagement. Since I really did want it to be quick I chose all armor and let the computer choose my forces. I was rewarded with 2 fine StugIIIG's and 1 forboding Panther A. I quivered with anticipation thinking of the carnage I was about to solicit. "Surely I am smarter than my computer," I smirked.

My armored heros dashed to the village and took up brilliant defensive positions. No approach was unguarded. I had beat them to the objective and there was no mercy in my heart, a heart that pumped ice water through veins of contemptuousness. Today a small village, tomorrow the world. A few WeGo minutes later, a lone Sherman peaked its trembling snout through a tree line in view of my Panther. A whispered order and the Panther's turret deftly swung 15 degrees to the right. With a resounding roar the high velocity round lept from the muzzle on its destructive path and tore through the pitifull armor of my most hated enemy. The cowardly crew of the Sherman somehow survived the death they deserved and were able to back out of my line of sight, popping out more smoke pellets than Los Angelas traffic creates in a decade. Unconcerned, I knew I would finish him later. Again, I waited.

Three minutes later my patience was rewarded. A forlorn M10 and 2 more Shermans approached the Panthers position--but wait! They weren't just approaching; they were racing past the flank of the Panther faster than it could traverse its turret. "How rude, foul and unfair! What devilry is this?!?" I cried. As soon as my sneaky opponents reached my flank they halted and 2 rounds from the Shermans turned my beautiful armored leviathon into a flaming coffin. The crew popped out of the now useless tank like popcorn jumping from a lidless kettle, only to find their end in a hail of 30 calibre slugs. The ice water in my veins began to boil.

One of the StugIIIG's--angered and dismayed by the loss of its dear friends--traversed toward the direction of this new menace. It cautiously hunted forward 10 meters to glimpse around a dusty shack. It was rewarded by the sight of 2 Shermans slinking slowly toward its position. The commander yelled his order (there was no longer need of stealth) and three guns roared in unison. A Sherman exploded with a roar as did 1 StugIIIG. A single crewman escaped the caldron and dashed into the shack--presumably to search for a cheese snack and a bottle of good wine. He would soon be too drunk to be usefull.

Now one brave StugIIIG remained to repulse these invading Saxons. They were not afraid as they had skipped directly from confidence to complete and abject terror. He traversed toward the area of threat and began to back away into the trees, hoping to find a quieter area in this neighborhood of death. But what you don't know can kill you. Waiting in those same trees loitered a Sherman--yes, a Sherman which sported a 75mm hole in its turret--a survivor of an earlier attack, a Sherman crewed by four men and an angel. There was not enough time for the Stug crew to do more than grit their teeth and and tightly close their eyes. They collectively held their breath. And their fore-sight proved true as an armor piercing round tore their engine to shreds. Forgetting their lack of religion, the crew lept from their treasured tank and raised their hands to the heavens.

Their leader, humbled by what BattleFront hath wrought, went to a dark and quiet room in search of a few hours rest...

I normally don’t comment on the forums, but you sir have made my day!

Brilliant piece of writing. You should put up a blog or get your own section on the forums.

Bravo

P.S.

"Forgetting their lack of religion, the crew lept from their treasured tank and raised their hands to the heavens."

... too funny