Number of installations per purchase?

Does 4 initial activations mean 4 PCs?

I may need to go away but take the game with me on a Stick to load on another PC. If I cant de-activate it from one of the 2 PCs im putting the game on then am I stuck if its just for 2 PCs?

Cheers

GSX, the EULA allows you to have the game on up to two PCs at the same time. The activation system will allow those two and then two more (called "overflow") without asking questions. So if you want to disregard the EULA, you could use the key to install on 4 PCs, yes. Just don't let me know you did or we will have to send the cops out to your house. ;)

One good reason to NOT do 4 PCs at the same time is because after the 4th activation, you only get 1 more PER YEAR.

Ankh Morpork, hard to say if the activation survives or not. It may, or it may not. It depends on a number of factors. We do not use strict fingerprinting, so you may be lucky. Or not.

Yes, you can install and uninstall countless times on the same system (and OS) that the game was originally activated on. If you reinstall the OS or change hardware, then you could run into a problem and that activation may 'disappear' since it is assumed that it may no longer be operating on the same computer. An OS reinstall can potentially damage/change the registry where some of this information is kept, thus an OS reinstall MAY also make the activation 'disappear'.

The primary idea behind the 4 activations is to allow you to activate on two computers and then have two backup activations in case you have to reinstall/reformat (virus, etc.), hardware problems or hardware upgrades, etc.

Every 365 days you get another activation to use. So if you run out of your initial 4 activations, then you will automatically get another one every 365 days. In certain situations the Helpdesk may be able to add activations, but we will not tolerate abuse of this system. We offer the additional activations on the Helpdesk for those unforeseen situations where you've had a crash (software/hardware), virus/trojan infection, etc.

I'll keep that in mind. I know I downloaded CMSF about 3 weeks back and had a puter crash on one machine that I never have gotten straightened out. I know I reformatted and installed the same version of XP at least 3 times with as many installations of CMSF on that machine.

Im not really like this system.

There is always the danger that you could (new OS/ new hardware ect.) run out of activations.

If everything goes wrong you will have to wait 1 year to play CMBN again... :(

If you ever find yourself in a situation where you cannot reactivate your game, all it takes is a support request at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk, and brief explanation why you need an additional activation.

This isn't any different than in our previous eLicense system when you forgot to UNLICENSE your game, but the chances that you will EVER need our support to get your game reactivated are much smaller to start with.

Question: Is the DRM in CMBN the same eLicense system that was in CMSF or is this something new? I don't quite understand why you can't unlicense your game if it's still using eLicense. And I've been told two different stories by two different people. Can you or can't you?

Question: Is the DRM in CMBN the same eLicense system that was in CMSF or is this something new? I don't quite understand why you can't unlicense your game if it's still using eLicense. And I've been told two different stories by two different people. Can you or can't you?

BFC will correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently:

- It's not the same system as the one used for CM:SF

- You don't need to unlicense before relicensing somewhere else

- You have a limited number of licenses instead (4 initially + 1 per year)

- Your license count won't go down when you un-install/re-install the game on the same computer without changing the OS or hardware, but it will go down when you install on a new computer ('new' as in: entirely new, or the same computer after major hardware changes or an OS re-install)

- If you run out of licenses for some reason, just contact the BFC support.