Barkmann's Corner

I may have missed something... didn't see that the notes said play one side or the other so I tried as the Americans first...

SPOILER follows... do NOT read on if you want to play as the Americans.

Barkmann sat and never moved, never fired.

It was a rollover by the Americans, needless to say.

I guess this one should have said to play only as the Germans vs. the AI

Still fun and good practice, though...

Guys, play it two or three times and note how the AI makes different attacks . . . This one really shows the replayability of scenarios in CMBN!

Steve

Two of three? How's about 5?

Luck definitely plays a factor. Last game was a 500 to 0 Total German victory. I prefer to think of this one as 'command expertise... no luck involved whatsoever... I did lose 10 Hamstertruppen, and 8 wounded, but the Allied destruction was pretty merciless.

Of course, the game before, I hunted with Barkmann (similar plan on my part, very different tactics from the Allies), and even the Panther can't really outdo 5-1 odds at a near range. Sound close to historical to you? (on turn 25 no less). After that, it was the Allied steamroller.

Maybe now its time to move on to another scenario.

Guys, play it two or three times and note how the AI makes different attacks . . . This one really shows the replayability of scenarios in CMBN!

Steve

Indeed, the Allied AI does not follow always the same attacking path. Played tested it 5 times as Axis, on Iron/Elite. In not one instance did our intrepid Barkmann scored less then 14 AFV's taken out, even running out of ammo on 3 occasions. A turkey shoot par excellence. A brilliant scenario to get you that uber feeling, until the next scenario....

I tip my hat to Jaws.

I may have missed something... didn't see that the notes said play one side or the other so I tried as the Americans first...

Best played as German or H2H. As American can be fun too, I will not go in details untill a few weeks after release :)

Indeed, the Allied AI does not follow always the same attacking path. Played tested it 5 times as Axis, on Iron/Elite. In not one instance did our intrepid Barkmann scored less then 14 AFV's taken out, even running out of ammo on 3 occasions. A turkey shoot par excellence. A brilliant scenario to get you that uber feeling, until the next scenario....

I tip my hat to Jaws.

My humble thanks :)

Great scenario this one, this was the second one i played after a the demo and playing around with a quick battle.

Was so very impressed, couldn't stop smiling, great battle this one and this is only the start, magic. The funny thing is that a mate called around about 20 mins after my victory while i was in the middle of making some food and he thought i had been on the beer because i still had a big daft grin on my face, priceless, thanks BF.