The "Near trunks/far trees" graphics option

I like the idea of the ALT-T option to show only the trunks of "nearby" trees, while showing the foliage of trees further away from the camera. However, I have found that when using this option, once a particular tree has been reduced to a trunk, it never shows foliage again*. So if I fly the camera all over the battlefield, every tree will be shown trunk-only regardless of distance.

Please fix or...

* not entirely true; if I context-switch out to another application and then switch back to CMBN, the state of the tree foliage gets reset. Plus I get to watch the textures get swapped into the graphics card.

Do you see this on one map more than the others? Do you see it if you reduce the "3D Quality" setting under "Options"?

I have seen it on all 3 demo scenarios, but interestingly I was replaying the Closing the Pocket scenario today as the Germans and while early on I saw the problem, about halfway though the game suddenly it started working properly -- i.e., foliage swapping back into view as I moved the camera away. When I noticed the change, I had just switched back into the game after checking email, but I don't know if that's related. (And I definitely had switched out and back into the game other times without the problem going away.)

I haven't fiddled with the 3d quality, I've got it turned all the way up. I might experiment a bit later.

I like the idea of the ALT-T option to show only the trunks of "nearby" trees, while showing the foliage of trees further away from the camera. However, I have found that when using this option, once a particular tree has been reduced to a trunk, it never shows foliage again*. So if I fly the camera all over the battlefield, every tree will be shown trunk-only regardless of distance.

Please fix or...

This will be fixed after you upload Mapping Mission for CMx2. Not any sooner!