Alt-T & Alt-S doesn't work

Does anybody have any idea why I can't toggle the trees or the sound?

I tried the rest of the "Alt-" hotkeys and they seem to work but when I do a Alt-T or an Alt-S nothing happens.

(sigh) It's aways something on this machine.

Running Win7 w/ ATI HD4850

Yep, tried both Alt's.

Even went out and bought a new keyboard.

The Alt-T and S work fine with CM1 so it can't be that the machine doesn't recognize the key strokes.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the demo several times.

Could it be the ATI card.

I've heard so many bad things.

Things work fine on my brothers machine and he has the exact same HP desktop except he has an NVidia.

Yep, tried both Alt's.

Even went out and bought a new keyboard.

The Alt-T and S work fine with CM1 so it can't be that the machine doesn't recognize the key strokes.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the demo several times.

Could it be the ATI card.

I've heard so many bad things.

Things work fine on my brothers machine and he has the exact same HP desktop except he has an NVidia.

I know this might sound strange, but I have an ATI card that I was having issues with the mouse, plus I could not even do the key strokes of ALT+Q. To correct the issue, I changed the game to run as "admin" and now everything seems to work. Might be worth a shot. Also, make sure you have the latest 11.5 drivers, it corrected the issue of the demo not ending properly.

I just gave it a try and its working okay for me - both with the demo and the full game. I'm scratching my head over this. I assume 'T' Target and 'S' camera movement works so its not a sticky keyboard key. I remember I ruined my keyboard numeric keypad playing CMx1.

Grim, how do I change the game to run as admin? I don't see that as one of the options.

I did upgrade the drivers to 11.5.

Before that the game would freeze when hitting the Alt-T. Now it just sits there (like a duck hit on the head as Lincoln once put it about a General not taking advantage of a situation).

Mikey, the T key does back up the camera angle. so it's not that. In fact, I just played a turn in CMBB and all the hotkeys work fine including turning off and on the trees and sound.

Got me guys, stuff makes me nuts.

Grim, how do I change the game to run as admin? I don't see that as one of the options.

I did upgrade the drivers to 11.5.

Before that the game would freeze when hitting the Alt-T. Now it just sits there (like a duck hit on the head as Lincoln once put it about a General not taking advantage of a situation).

Mikey, the T key does back up the camera angle. so it's not that.

Got me guys, stuff makes me nuts.

Outside of the game, go to the game icon on your desktop. Right click and go to properties. Go to the comapability tab and down at the bottom go to change settings for all. In that screen there will be a checkbox to turn it on.

I also believe you can do it for a one time by selecting the game icon, right click and one of the menu options is to run as admin. That will only lats that session though. The other method makes it stay. Good luck.

Does anybody have any idea why I can't toggle the trees or the sound?

I tried the rest of the "Alt-" hotkeys and they seem to work but when I do a Alt-T or an Alt-S nothing happens.

(sigh) It's aways something on this machine.

Running Win7 w/ ATI HD4850

I'm having the same problem with Alt-T. It's not working. Everything else with the game appears to be working fine. And other menu commands appear to work. (I haven't checked out whether ALt-S works.) Alt-T not working is annoying because I wanted to remove the trees during the set-up phase of Battle in the Bocage to be able to properly position my units without having to duck under the trees to see where they were! Yet, the game wouldn't remove the trees no matter how many times I hit Alt-T.

I too have a 64-bit Windows 7 w/ATI HD4850.

It was a nice try but no, the run as Admin didn't work either.

I think there's something diabolical going on here.

Myles, give the Alt-S (turn on and off sound) a try and let me know if that works.

I have this sneaky suspicion it's the 4850.

Myles, give the Alt-S (turn on and off sound) a try and let me know if that works.

That's too bad...I would agree though, seems to be a lot of strangeness with ATI and Win 7/64 bit going on. I am even using an older card than you which is the HD 3870. Some day I will have to spring for an updated ATI card, but to be honest with all the games I play, this card continues to do well. Once I got this game to work, performance and graphics were decent for me.

I agree if it's not broke don't fix it.

I have a ticket in to the Battlefront helpdesk so I'll see what they have to say.

It's kind of a show stopper for me at this point so if necessary I'll change vid cards,

Thanks for the help Grim. :)

I agree if it's not broke don't fix it.

I have a ticket in to the Battlefront helpdesk so I'll see what they have to say.

It's kind of a show stopper for me at this point so if necessary I'll change vid cards,

Thanks for the help Grim. :)

No problem and if you ever figure it out, please post what the issue was. With the strangeness, I may end up seeing this at some point too, although right now it is working for me :)

Maybe in the full game release something is different and will be ok....keeping the fingers crossed.

Alt-S is not working for me either. All other commands work except for Alt-T and Alt-S.

Thanks Myles.

I'm sorry you have the same problem but I'm glad to hear that this is not a unique problem

(misery loves company ;) )

I will post any suggestions Battlefront comes up with.

Thanks again for everyone's help.