Seeing earlier turns

I clicked the red button after my action report but then realised some guys were killed I didn't expect so I wanted to see what had happened again. What do I need to do to find the old turn file and reload it? (Me vs AI, on a Mac). I take it it auto-saves?

then you must save by yourself every turn.

A small word of warning on saving and going back. When you open a savegame to check back it becomes an alternative history. Maybe next time that AP round will miss the tank, maybe next time that mortar shell will fall on top of your position. :)

A small word of warning on saving and going back. When you open a savegame to check back it becomes an alternative history. Maybe next time that AP round will miss the tank, maybe next time that mortar shell will fall on top of your position. :)

Yes, and experiencing that a few times puts your own skill in a different perspective :-)

That is the case if you save before processing the turn. But you can also save during the replay, and the replay IS final and unchanging.

Correct, unlike CMx1 (er... from what I remember) you can save a game during the Replay. If you do that then you won't be able to change the outcome of the turn, yet will be able to view the turn's action and move on from there.

But those kind of save games were often not eligible for surviving a patch (in CMSF), so I think you should only use those saves for a replay of the action, not for later resuming, if you want to play it safe.