Ok, first impressions of the game nothing short of awesome, ! :D..

I was wondering though.. possible bug ?

I had a squad of US inf firing through a solid hedgerow.. how could they see through it ?

then I noticed the sergeant had binoculars looking through an opening in the hedgerow in the direction of the squads fire ..

were they able to see through the hedgerow because the sarge was directing the squads fire ??

i havent played tonnes of CM games so I'm unsure.. ??

ANYWAY i was just curious, these games are so DAMN interesting, this isnt a complaint by any means ! LOVE IT :D

You can see and fire through hedgerows. The game assumes there were enough gaps in the foliage to see and fire through which matches with the available evidence.

If you could not fire through, it would be very difficult for the Germans to put up a defence.

Yes units deployed hard up against bocage can see through and be seen though they get a very good cover and concealment bonus. Remember a rifleman might only need to find an open gap the size of his hand to spot and fire his weapon through.

The bocage in the game had to simulate all types of bocage and this mechanism is also neccesary so deadly German prepared defenses work.

Sgt Joch answered I see but as he is not an Aussie it doesnt' count.

Ok Awesome! i was actually wondering if the game does in some way do as you have said.. determines gaps etc amongst the foilage + concealment bonuses, spoze a look at the manual wouldn't hurt..

ps i noticed some of the windows also, actually had brick textures XD

anyway lots of free time ahead so back to the bocage ! >:D