Normandy road maps by Michelin

Will some of you be interested by scan parts of Normandy road maps made by Michelin in the late thirties ?

These type of maps where also used by the US and USAAF forces being reprinted and as well by the German forces during their retreat from Normandy.

Their interest is unvaluable, when you compare the road existing at the time and the size of the small towns and villages.

When you look at the road net, you are able to understand why the axis of some attacks was done the way it has been at the time.

I could at the end of the week, being back home, post the Carentan, Utah beach exit causeways areas if you want it.

Cheers

Area from utah beaches toward Cherbourg, Valognes, Montebourg and St Mere l’eglise.

Cherbourg-Utah-carentan.jpg

Zoom on the 7 kilometers road fromMontebourg, St mere l’eglise to blosville. On the right Utah beaches exit causeways

Utaharea.jpg

Area of Carentan with main road leading to Periers and there to St Lo with the RN 800.

The breakthrough took place broadly between the Mesnil Vigot and Hebecrevon, with the main axis on La Chapelle en Juger toward Marigny

carentan-periers_stlo.jpg

Michelin Normandy maps can be ordered from here:

http://www.mapsworldwide.com/sku_9787.htm

Publisher: Michelin

ISBN: 9782067002623

Date: 1997

Series: Michelin Historical Maps

Format: Folded Map, 184 x 110 mm, Scale 1:200 000

Price £4.99

You can also find 1:100 000 Normandy D-Day map from same source.

If someone order this, plz give a sneakpeek of the quality. I might order these myself. :)