Maps and Campaign Continuity

If my understanding is correct, CM2 campaigns take place in individual battles on individual maps. The results of each battle determine the next map and so on.

Is there a comparable alternative to a CM1 "static operation"?

If a campaign is taking place in a series of battles in a restricted area, I am hoping for structural continuity from battle to battle.

Example... I take down a church in battle 1. Battle 2 is in same place near that church, is it still down?

----

I can of course work around it, but was curious.

-

I'm fairly sure Campaigns are different from Operations. So in Campaigns, damage is not preserved. Also, I'm fairly sure that they don't have operations in the CM1 sense.

I'm guessing here, but I think you can simulate an operation by manually making the next battle map be an extension of the previous map.

Just imagine that those amazing French construction workers repair all damage between battles ;)

As we say in my company any time we discuss the French office and getting anything done... "eeet eeez nawt posseebuul". Seemed to be the general reply I got to anything while working there.