1938 Calm before the storm (ww1 engine)

Now i have made a 1938 Calm before the storm using the ww1 engine, the scripts are similar as the global one but i have added some also and the map is different.

Game starts july 15th 1938

8 majors:

UK, France, USA, USSR and British Commonwealth as allies

Germany, Italy and Spain as Axis

Some notes about the game:

Battleships strike range 2

German rail guns can strike 4 other nations 3

German tanks has soft tank defense 4, other nations 3

Abbysinia corps has soft attack and defense 2

The rocket is used for all nations except USSR and Germany as fortress guns with strike range 1

USSR rockets has strike range 3 and Germanys 10

Cavalry becomes when it has infantry weapons reaserch anti tank units (i wish there old anti tank reaserch was there since i only will use 2 levels of infantry researsch)

Naval upgrade i have made very expensive and also given some countries the maximum level 2 right at the start, since level 2 battleships/cruisers will be new ones build in mid 1930s and forward, level 1 is 1920s and level0 is ww1 battleships/cruisers.

Enjoy!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best regards and thanks you for making the scenario and mod available, i are going to download and test it with my favorite settings (national stats advantage and no research-full upgrade units upon purchase, [for AI opponent play]), if i find some bug i will advice about it, thanks again and with best regards,

Alarick.

1938 Calm before the storm (ww1 engine) v1.1

---------------------------------------------

Added missing tile for territory script "USSR annexes Bessarabia"

Small text changes in decision scripts

Added Fall Rot decision scripts and linked strength script to speed up defeat of France after Paris falls

Removed alternate capital for France

Fixed surrender_1 scripts for Fall of France

Changed strength script for Polish partisans

Changed date for pop-up for Germany to garrison possible French partisan places

Added more picture links for supply scripts

Changed Yugoslavias Allied parent from USSR to UK

Fixed some Yugoslavia surrender related faults

Added missing tiles for Vichy France creation

Changed level of Offensive script for UK to attack Tobruk

Changed dates and size of UK offensive scripts to attack Italian East Africa

Changed size of UK offensive script to attack Tangiers

Small changes in Commonwealth offensive scripts for Italian East Africa

Added UK offensive scripts to attack Italian East Africa

Fixed faulty position in UK transport script to Iraq

Fixed faulty position in UK transport_minor script to Iraq

Fixed faulty UK transport_minor script to evacuate BEF

When you open the campaign in the editor it will say v1.0 but it is 1.1.

best greetings, Cantona66, please, i have only one question, i made my own version, without research and change setups of forces, so, my question is if that version may work if i just take on it the scripts? (no change my campaign file for the new build, i want to mean), i are on my way to do it, but just i want a confirmation of it from you, anyway in my opinion is a great mod, and thanks for made it, once seen it, one can see you put much work doing this mod, thanks again and best regards,

Alarick

Yes, your version should work just fine

greetings, thanks for the info and advice, i just finished now updating the scripts 1.1 with the 1.0 map, works near perfect, just lubljana should be a city (from town in 1.0) and one tile from hungary was giving an error until i change it to yugoslavia, again, thanks for the mod and best regards,

Alarick.

1938 Calm before the storm (ww1 engine) v1.2

---------------------------------------------

Changed type on some amphibious scripts

Changed start date of the campaign 2 days to july 17th

Increased unit cost

Increased National Morale points for some resources

Changed initial National Morale

Added variable conditions for some National Morale scripts

Changed text in many National Morale scripts

Fixed four faulty decision links to National Morale scripts

Added National Morale script for Germany to take Eben Emael

Added National Morale script for UK

Changed UK transport_minor script to evacuate BEF from France

Added UK transport_minor script to evacuate from Greece

Added decision script and matching surrender_1 scripts for Vichy France creation following Fall of France if France surrenders due to National Morale at 0 (then the original Vichy France decision script does not works) it seems)

Fixed faulty German unit script

Increased cost to 2000MPP for German decision script Fall Rot

Added media links to unit scripts

Added Reichskommiseriat Ostland unit script and Marininfanterie script

Added some units to a few unit scripts

Some date changes in unit scripts

Fixed spelling in unit scripts

Fixed faulty name of German unit script

Added sound links to unit scripts

Fixed faulty USSR decision script for low NM and matching strength script

Changed trigger for surrender when NM falls below 1% from 100% to 50%

Small text changes in pop-up scripts

Added decision script and matching unit scripts for Waffen SS expansion

Added German Ukraine Vlasov unit script

Added Italian decision script for poor Italian economy

Adeded German decison script linked to Spanish when they ask for help from Germany

Added terirtory script for Germany to geain land from Lithuaniua

Changed date in one territory script

Added four pictures

Added 2000MPP plunder of France to Vichy decision script

Removed faulty sound link

Fixed belligerence script for Operation barbarossa

Fixed faulty spelled media link in German unit script

Changed date for French West African unit script

Added two belligerence scripts for UK and Commonwealth to become at war with Italy

Added two German fighters and one strategic bomber to the production queue

Added two USSR fighters and three attack bombers to production queue

Added two French fighters, two strategic bombers and one attack bomber to the map

Added two UK fighters and one strategic bomber to the map

• 2 weeks later...

1938 Calm before the storm (ww1 engine) v1.3

--------------------------------------------

Added tank, division, corps and tactical bomber to Anglo Egypt-Sudans production queue

Removed one fighter and one attack bomber from UK production queue

Removed one fighter from French production queue

Added Rundstedt HQ and one corps to German production queue

Changed date in UK unit script in Egypt

Changed country on unit script from UK to Commonwealth

Condition position and trigger changes in unit scripts

Small text changes in unit scripts

Added UK unit script for 8th Army in Egypt

Added picture links to unit scripts

Added names of UK Anglo Agypt-Sudan HQs

Removed one UK corps

Strenghted UK unit scripts

Changed names in UK unit scripts

Changed date in French unit script for Dakar troops

Fixed one belligerence script and small changes in some others

Removed one waypoint in one convoy script (thanks Hubert for the support)

Added one picture and changed picture link in pop-up script

Added many garrison scripts (thanks Wlape3 for the support)

Fixed faulty Mobilization_2 script (replaced Morocco with Norway)

Fixed faulty war entry script (Replaced Switzerland with Syria)

Changed text in War entry script

Added two Mobilization_3 scripts concerning French West Africa

Increased MPP collection for fall of France in decision script to create Vichy

Small unit bitmap change

Changed defense values

Increased National morale starting values

Increased paratroopers action points from 2 to 3

1938 Calm before the storm (ww1 engine) v1.4

Changed build restrictions for Germany to none

Fixed faulty picture link

Fixed Surrender_1 script for France

Fixed Yugoslavian Surrender_1 script

Added Albanian Belligerence script against Germany

Fixed two faulty belligerence scripts

Some changes in variable conditions in strength scripts

Hi Cantona,

clicking the war map then on the "%" sign produces the same result as above for me.

I also sent you a quick msg regarding another small issue. Not sure if you got it or not but I had Romania activate on Nov 17th 1940 and one Romanian corps activates in Russian territory next to Tirasopol and is unable to move until Barbarossa.

Couple quick questions if i may:

-Do you have a read me file or manual with this mod some where?

-Are the garrison tiles only meant to be garrisoned for a certain amount of time? I am thinking about after Poland falls - do these "g" tiles next to the russian boarder need to be garrisoned immedietely up until barbarossa?

-After France falls and i shift divisions to the eastern front I see a warning about troop build up in Poland. I am assuming this affects Russian activation. Is the general strategy to shift divisions to eastern Germany until the last minute and then flood Poland? I usually have Russia enter too early right after the Yugoslavia decision event.

Thanks again and fantastic mod!

Cheers

Ben.

very strange, i have never seen this. when i choose the war map everything is ok. Anyone else?

Same thing happens to me when I am in the war map and click on the % button. Since I never use this feature it's not a problem for me.:D

Hello here comes some answers.

1. rrjh1971, i read your message too fast, i did not click on the % button, yes i also have this flag, no idea why, Hubert? Bill?

2. Romanian unit in Tirasopol is also a bit funny since it never is Romanian territory at all, but i will move the units closest to USSR border further away. I guess something happens when the Bessarabia scripts kicks in.

3. No read me file or manual, sorry. Maybe something to think about but my time is limited these days (small kids).

4. The garrison tiles is easiest to find out if you check the pop-up scripts, but in short, the ones towards France you need to garrison from 1939 january until France is at war. The Polish ones is 2 kinds, some you need to garrison from 1940 january and some from 1941 january. Then to avoid USSR to be activated fast, you shall not have some many units close to Königsberg, Cracow or Warzaw, so you can shift uints to the border but stay away from these areas.

And Bengerman, i am sorry for not replying on your message but i recieve them so seldom so i just forget to check them out. Wlape3 knows this :-)

Hello here comes some answers.

1. rjh1971, i read your message too fast, i did not click on the % button, yes i also have this flag, no idea why, Hubert? Bill?

No problem, now that it's been caught it will surely be fixed with Bill's or Hubert's help.

Hi Cantona,

Thank you for your answers and no worries on the reply. I think its a fantastic mod and i have played all of your others for earlier SC games. The larger size is what gets me hooked. My only suggestion for future releases would be a small point form read me file with the little things that may be of interest. I know time is short but it would really come in handy especially with a new engine.

Cheers.

Ben

1938 Calm before the storm (ww1 engine) v1.4

Changed build restrictions for Germany to none

Fixed faulty picture link

Fixed Surrender_1 script for France

Fixed Yugoslavian Surrender_1 script

Added Albanian Belligerence script against Germany

Fixed two faulty belligerence scripts

Some changes in variable conditions in strength scripts

hello Cantona66,

I am running version 1.4 and it is great your effort and scripts are very engaging.

One thing I noticed is fighter interception not working.

Query for you, why do you always weaken enemy units upon scripted invasions?

I add the strength scripts for invasvion as incentive to follow the histoical way and und use the decision scripts and also be able to crush some countries fast. Norway would also be very difficult to defeat othervise but if you like to not use them it is very easy to in deselect them when you start the game.

Regarding interception it is working for me at least, funny.

thanks for your quick reply, regarding the fighter interception not working, is the option configurable either via the GUI or under hood?

The fighter interception range is not it's strike range but the land spotting range. The default for this for SCWWI appears to be 1 whereas the default for SCGC apparently is 3. This is why it may appear to not be working. Use the editor to increase the ranges for all combatants to something like what you see in SCGC for the WWII mods if they are all still 1. If the values are not all the same for all countries you might want to contact the mod author before editing just to be sure it's an oversight and not a deliberate tweak for the mod.

I will change to 3.

Another question, i do not understand why but i do not get the Allies to perform any major attacks in Libya, there are offensive scripts and i believe they are ok, but the Italians have no problems holding Tobruk until Rommel turns up. Suggestions?

Hi Cantona,

couple questions:

I had the Soviets surrender on March 22 1942. After the surrender they gain back a fair majority of their territory. I also noticed their NM creeps up again. Do you end up having to fight them again? A couple months after that i had the UK surrender due to the lack of effort in North Africa etc. so i did not continue on to see if the Soviets reactivate.

It seems to me that the UK NM falls too quickly and I had them also withdrawl from the war without London captured. I would recommend making an adjustment to keep them in the war especially after the U.S has entered if they hold all of their homeland.

Do you have a recommended difficulty setting? I finished my first full campaign on +50% and was wondering what you play tested the campaign on?

Is it possible to play an Allied campaign? I tried a few turns but noticed Germany does not garrison the Siegfried Line at all so i was not sure if this is an Axis campaign only.

Thanks again.

Ben.

Bengerman, i will try to answer your questions.

I have not defetaed USSR, but i will change so their territory becomes German if they is defeated and NM is 0.

I have only play tested up until july 1941 and i usually use 50% and +1 bonus.

All majors except France will have their initial NM increased more.

There are some Axis AI scripts but not enough (time is my issue there since i likes to play as Axis)