Sort of OT Forums...

Wodin

OK who finds themselves getting wound up reading forum posts? I do...infact sometimes I feel like shouting at the screen....especially if 1. I love the game so I don't get moaners or 2.I think the game is OK but I don't get fanboys.....even worse when people start moaning before a game is even released...

I know one thing the more I read this forum the more I'm thinking about staying well away from it and I try and vet threads before I open them in case i end up getting wound up...doesn't always work though;)...this isn't just this particular forum but many specific game forums..general game ones aren't normally to bad...

So when the game is released..I will try and stay away and pop in to get mods and scenarios...but keep well out of any contentious issues...not good for my stress levels...when you really enjoy something you can get really stressed out seeing it pulled apart or slated it can even end up ruining your game experience...though this wouldn't happen to me with this series...

So can Forums be bad for your health....

Wodin,

I hope this isn't going to come across as snarky, as it isn't meant that way, but I think you need to get more balance in your life. If gaming is this all-important to you, to the point where it or experiences related to it, can make you stressed or unhappy, you need to branch out and try some other ways of occupying your leisure time.

Michael

Wodin

you are falling into a trap. It is my understanding that the entire point of internet forums is to establish a false persona and say provocative things (that you wouldn't dare say in person).

You can't assume anyone means what they say or is who they say they are. I myself had a very uncomfortable experience with an internet poster "Candyis14". I won't go into details, but I can tell you I am still paying off the legal fees.

In all my years in cyberspace I have the most fun here , except in one other place, Compuserve many years ago in the "new Users Forum." This forum happens to be one of the strongest since it started. CMBO was a blessing for us long time grognards, war game players, modelers, and the such. Yes Some have come and gone,RIP, some were jerks, but tell me how many other forums have stuck together for over 10 years! Balance is important, heck even before this forum i disappeared one weekend to meet with my world war gaming club.

You can do what you want in here at the forum, but it is place to gather some more facts, you can find people that you can play head to head, and can join the cesspool too! There is something for everyone.

If you choose to hang back and poke around occasionally like i did through CMSF that is good thing. Do what you want.

Heck 15 years ago I met my Love of my life on cyberspace, she worked in the new user forum I previously mentioned and we have been married going 13 years now. Maria play tests for me as a novice player and understands the art of war . She is a RTS freak, but she likes the challenge Combat Mission provides.

Use the forum, do not abuse it, you have your opinion, but once the game comes out there will be information there to help all of us even Battlefront, will listen, just another reason to hang out and listen to Steve, Martin, But if Charles speaks, you listen real good!

...join the cesspool too!

Hold on now, let's not get carried away! I can well appreciate your enthusiasm for such a glorious institution peopled by persons of such distinguished character. But for that very reason the standards of membership must be maintained at a very high level. Only those who have shown themselves capable of selfless devotion to the principles of...of...well whatever they are of...can be allowed to join the ranks of that august assemblage. Of course we did make an exception for the Aussies [shudder], but that's only because they promised to buy the beer. BTW, does anybody know if they actually brought any beer?

Michael

Wodin,

I hope this isn't going to come across as snarky, as it isn't meant that way, but I think you need to get more balance in your life. If gaming is this all-important to you, to the point where it or experiences related to it, can make you stressed or unhappy, you need to branch out and try some other ways of occupying your leisure time.

Michael

Not so...your saying no one of the net has posted something that has annoyed\wound up up even a little?...what are you smoking?

Have you ever got stressted with your PC crashing...or with a game? never? WHat about other hobbies? I can't think of many that don't involve some kind of stress etc but has highs aswell...golf...football...infact any sport...and especially women...it's all part and parcel...which makes your comment rather odd indeed...

Think maybe you've taken what I said alittle to extreme to be honest....still nevermind...

I find forums can be inflamatory....and I'm sure many would say so aswell....

I don't like your comment "you need to get balance in your life"...sounds to me to be rather high and mighty and definately assumptive...but you say it wasn't ment that way...just goes to show communication is 90% body language...and thats whats missing on the net...hence misunderstandings and possible conflict.

Anyway, no, I need no balance in my life as I have it thankyou very much for your concern...

I was just posting an observation..that was all...

I only wish us mortals could achieve your Zen....;)

Wodin

I am sorry to say this, but I think on this rare occasion Michael Michael Emrys is absolutely correct. You do need some balance in your life. Now to get that balance I don't recomment you look up Candyis14 (unless right now your life is too perfect). Maybe you should give Candyis18 a shot.