Some Peng Challenge Threads are more interesting than others

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG. I come back after ten years and find the Peng challenge still active! Is the Borg assimilation process still going strong as well?

I feel like coming back to a soap opera after a long absence: you know a lot has gone on,, but it still looks just the same. (so I'm told, not that I actually watch soap operas you understand)

OMG. I come back after ten years and find the Peng challenge still active! Is the Borg assimilation process still going strong as well?

I feel like coming back to a soap opera after a long absence: you know a lot has gone on,, but it still looks just the same. (so I'm told, not that I actually watch soap operas you understand)

The Borg left a LONG time ago, we didn't need it any longer ... or any shorter for that matter.

Joe

Shouldn't Emrys be watching his favorite soap operas right now rather than posting to this very forum historically inaccurate statements about his-story?

Go, go.. it's time for "The young and the restless".

Will you be singing the theme tune, Michael?

Right, Joe it is the lack of rules which has allowed the SSNs to just wander on in as saucy as you please. It's obvious, because everyone KNOWS that the rules are all-powerful! The rules are inviolate! The rules are like some kind of omnipotent forcefield which keeps SSNs out of the MBT (Long may it wave). Whenever we have rules, we NEVER have SSNs, do we Joe?

"SSNs at the gate? Fear not because WE HAVE RULES!"

"We do? Whew! Wow, I was worried there for a second, but we have rules, and as we know EVERYBODY ALWAYS obeys the rules".

Joe? Have you ever been mentally stable?

As usual you have it all wrong Boo Radley.

It's not a matter of keeping them from coming in, it's a matter of setting expectations. The rules let them know what we expect of them and if (okay WHEN) they fail to live up to our expectations we can rightfully take them to task for being idiots.

Without rules they have neither compass nor map ... with rules they still can't find their way to the mens room without the helpful pictures on the doors showing the silhouettes but it's ever so much more satisfying when we make fun of them.

Why must I always explain everything to you?

Joe

The rules let them know what we expect of them and if (okay WHEN) they fail to live up to our expectations we can rightfully take them to task for being idiots.

We don't need rules for that since we are going to take them to task for being idiots anyway, rules or no rules. By definition they are idiots. QED.

BTW, Joe, you are also an idiot. I may have mentioned that before, but since I know your attention span is briefer than a gnat's fart, I thought I should remind of the fact.

Michael

We don't need rules for that since we are going to take them to task for being idiots anyway, rules or no rules. By definition they are idiots. QED.

BTW, Joe, you are also an idiot. I may have mentioned that before, but since I know your attention span is briefer than a gnat's fart, I thought I should remind of the fact.

Michael

Nonsense Michael, I am the very soul of wit and erudition ... you'd do well to emulate me ... but of course you'd fail.

Joe

It's not a matter of keeping them from coming in, it's a matter of setting expectations.

Joe

Ah, this is the flaw in your reasoning. Actually having expectations for SSNs. Unless you expect them to fail. Unless you expect them to make idjits of themselves. Unless you expect them to completely ignore the rules.

Therefore, by foregoing rules, I have merely sped up the process. You may thank me now.

Ah, this is the flaw in your reasoning. Actually having expectations for SSNs. Unless you expect them to fail. Unless you expect them to make idjits of themselves. Unless you expect them to completely ignore the rules.

Therefore, by foregoing rules, I have merely sped up the process. You may thank me now.

Ah Boo Radley, you're the type who would shoot a sitting bird aren't you. You'd take advantage of a hobbling base runner and tag him out wouldn't you. You'd hug the edge of the map to win a game of ... well, yes, we've seen that haven't we.

Lad, giving them rules and procedures is the sporting thing to do ... and, as Robin Williams said, putting a wee little flag on the hole in golf you give them ___________ hope ... and then you cruelly dash it, but you're sporting about it.

Joe

Someone once said that strategy is the art of never having to fight fair. I guess that's why you are such a loser.

Michael

I never said anything about fighting fair Michael, and in any case I would know more about fighting fairly (or not) than you would since I play, you know, real people (if you can consider the likes of Stuka, Berli and Peng to be real people ... granted the jury is still out on that question.)

Joe

Ah Boo Radley, you're the type who would shoot a sitting bird aren't you. You'd take advantage of a hobbling base runner and tag him out wouldn't you. You'd hug the edge of the map to win a game of ... well, yes, we've seen that haven't we.

You got a point with this, Sparky?

Lad, giving them rules and procedures is the sporting thing to do ...

Joe

Sporting? With SSNs? When did you go soft, Joe? Besides in the head, I mean.

You got a point with this, Sparky?

Sporting? With SSNs? When did you go soft, Joe? Besides in the head, I mean.

And I quote ...
Lad, giving them rules and procedures is the sporting thing to do ... and, as Robin Williams said, putting a wee little flag on the hole in golf you give them ___________ hope ... and then you cruelly dash it, but you're sporting about it.
It's not as much fun if you just bash them over the head and drag the bleeding corpse to the refuse bin ... you have no artistry lad, no soul ... Seanachai's right, your nothing but a large thuggish henchman.

Joe