Question about rarity points and force composition.

Maybe, though Zetterling seems to indicate that the majority were up to strength, or very nearly so, prior to their committment to Normandy.

Besides, it'd not like the Pz Divs on the Eastern Front were exactly swimming in tanks at the time.

Besides, it'd not like the Pz Divs on the Eastern Front were exactly swimming in tanks at the time.
I think they were - its just they weren't German ones :)

How common was the 105mm armed Sherman and what was its rate of fire spring to mind when suggesting it as a tank killer. HEAT in CM*1 was ridiculously accurate [given the game engine I can understand the fudge] so I wonder what CM*2 will reveal.

How common was the 105mm armed Sherman and what was its rate of fire spring to mind when suggesting it as a tank killer. HEAT in CM*1 was ridiculously accurate [given the game engine I can understand the fudge] so I wonder what CM*2 will reveal.

I remember some of those debates back in the day, IIRC mostly surrounding the use of 95mm HEAT by British Cromwell and Centaur CS tanks. I don't recall if there was ever any conclusion as to whether the weapon was incorrectly modeled. My guess is that if engagement ranges are as short in CMBM as they typically were in CMx1 the Sherman 105 will be a serious threat.

4 rounds in 30 seconds makes sense for rapid fire, especially with the small 105mm. A good loader on the M1 Abrams is supposed to be able to load a 120mm every 6 seconds for rapid fire (granted, the M1 is a probably bit more ergonomic for the loader, but still those 120mm are heavy). So I can believe a good Sherman loader could do a 105 every 7.5 secs.

By 1944 I doubt many of those divisions were full strength. Even taking into account the "preferential treatment" the Waffen SS often got.

At least the following were at FS:

2SS

12SS (never committed until Normandy)

21st

Lehr

BTW, 17SS was a Panzergrendier Div which had a PzJg Abt. only - no IVs or Panthers.

No, but wording it unambiguously does. Look, DT, not everybody who reads these threads is sophisticated enough to to mentally correct your omissions. You can feel contempt for them if you choose, but don't complain if they quote you in good conscience but getting the facts entirely wrong.

Michael

what the hell is that? a tank or an aircraft carrier with tracks?

Not a CV but a cruiser. That particular Hitler's fantasy would have sported a twin gun turret of naval proportions. I think the smaller popgun was supposed to be 128 mm. How the whole thing was supposed to get from point A to point B escapes me. Perhaps move it in parts and assemble it at the final destination?

Michael

Not a CV but a cruiser. That particular Hitler's fantasy would have sported a twin gun turret of naval proportions. I think the smaller popgun was supposed to be 128 mm. How the whole thing was supposed to get from point A to point B escapes me. Perhaps move it in parts and assemble it at the final destination?

Michael

It's what the Autobahn was for: one track on each carriageway. And a rolling repair crew behind the thing... :)