Any news on the latest patch?

I've put off most of NATO while waiting.

Same here. I would love to know how things are progressing - I am likely going to skip WW2, so v1.32 is "it" for me until BFC revisits modern combat in a future release.

v1.31 seems to have made the UK rank structure a little wonky as well - I'm not sure how much of an effect that has on CoC in terms of actual gameplay, but it would be nice if it was cleaned up in v1.32.

Here are some things reported way back when. Also see, NATO vehicle bugs.

Here's looking forward to one last batch of fixes for CMSF!

Man, I love the modern setting, I really do, but I wouldn't pass up CM:BN if the fate of the world rested on it. I am more pumped for this game then I have been for any other. I could care less about IL2 CoD coming out cause CM:BN is almost here!!! And I am a flight sim nut!

I am anxious for my modern day Germans to get their Panzerfausts tho, so I can really get into their campaign in NATO. Oh well, so much gaming goodness, so little time.

While I can't go into details, I can confirm that CM:BN has been the "priority of effort" for a while.

No doubt once it gets out the door there will be some rebalancing of development resources.

Well it is good to know that it hasn't been forgotten, just side-lined. I'm looking forward to Normandy just as much as everyone else, (have the pre-order in) but there are a few little frustrations with NATO that need urgent addressing. It's a pity a 'hot fix' can't be applied just to sort out the panzer faust issue - that is a show stopper really.

Sure except there are a few different things that different people consider to be show stoppers.

So either they put out a patch for you and a patch for them and a patch for someone else (all of which may or may not work together) or they bring out a slightly more inclusive one off patch that most people are happy with.

Note to all: I have no visibility as to what may or may not be included in said “inclusive patch” (so please don’t now generate a bunch of posts asking if some fix close to your heart is “in”).

I think most of us are looking for a status update.

About two weeks ago we got official word that the CMSF patch would be back on the worktable "next week." Is there any hope that this patch will be available before CMBN's release?

Yes, I believe it was Steve who said they would be working on it a week or two ago. That said, pretty sure he did not say they would be done with it at any specific point, but yes, some sort of update would be worthwhile. None of the German scenarios are really survivable if they involve opposing armor, unless you go into the editor and essentially cheat by giving your PZGs their launchers. While this is an easy workaround, it still is cheating really. Would be nice to be able to win without it.

Yes, I believe it was Steve who said they would be working on it a week or two ago. That said, pretty sure he did not say they would be done with it at any specific point, but yes, some sort of update would be worthwhile. None of the German scenarios are really survivable if they involve opposing armor, unless you go into the editor and essentially cheat by giving your PZGs their launchers. While this is an easy workaround, it still is cheating really. Would be nice to be able to win without it.

You can't edit the campaigns this way unfortunately otherwise I would have been straight into the editor.

I wonder if it would be possible to actually do AA fire in game which could be done in the original CM It would be great to be able to shhot down/attempt to shoot down those pesky aircraft.

If it is possible it would be nice to have transport helicopters eg Blackhawk) to do airmobile assualts

Modelling bridges etc would also be a "nice to have" as would an option for railway lines in the maps editor.

Luke

I wonder if it would be possible to actually do AA fire in game which could be done in the original CM It would be great to be able to shhot down/attempt to shoot down those pesky aircraft.

If it is possible it would be nice to have transport helicopters eg Blackhawk) to do airmobile assualts

Modelling bridges etc would also be a "nice to have" as would an option for railway lines in the maps editor.

Luke

I don't think Shock Force is going to get any new features. Maybe the next modern game series will have some of this.