Why Use Hamachi?

It's pretty unforgivable to not have a multiplayer lobby for a multiplayer game these days. Are we in 1997?

It's a small developer with limited time and resources, making a very large and complicated game. The time they spend making a multiplayer lobby would be time they could've spent on things like randomly generated maps, or TCP/IP WEGO, or any of the other wishlist items that, according to most fans of the game, are far more desirable than a lobby.

And keep in mind that the main audience for this game is the wargaming community, which is pretty close knit. People already know who they want to play: The wisearses from the forum they hang out at, or the guy that used to come play ASL in the garage.

That makes it a feature that might be nice to have but is not essential.

With limited resources, that means this feature has to sit in the back of the bus for now.

It's a small developer with limited time and resources, making a very large and complicated game. The time they spend making a multiplayer lobby would be time they could've spent on things like randomly generated maps, or TCP/IP WEGO, or any of the other wishlist items that, according to most fans of the game, are far more desirable than a lobby.

What about Gamespy? Gamespy still supports Starfleet Command OP. Now that's a tiny community.

So I've seen people talking about needing to connect to hamachi to play multiplayer. Does this game only come with lan support? Is there no multiplayer lobby?

It tastes good. It's good for you. I like maguro and sake, too...oh wait...you're not talking about sushi, are you?

Bob

Hi Bridger15. No, there is no BFC lobby for finding TCP games. You don't need Hamachi for TCP play but it does help to find people to play against. And for me it helps get around whatever router issue I have that prevents me from hosting TCP games.

Is there any info already available about which ports we will need to redirect in the router for direct TCP/IP?