System Requirements

Someone PLEASE tell me what the system requirements are for the new CM Normandy game. I have searched all the promotional and order info for the new game and how to order but NO Where can I find the specific system requirements to run CM Normandy...computer speed, RAM and video card specs....thank you.

On the order page ...

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage_bfc&Itemid=26&category_id=36&product_id=280

System Requirements MINIMUM:

Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/Win7

Processor: Pentium IV 1.8 GHz or equivalent speed AMD processor

Video Card: GeForce 5200 or Radeon 9200 (32 Megabyte VRAM or better and must support 1024x768 or higher resolution) in OpenGL

Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card

System Memory: 256 Megabytes RAM

Hard Drive Space: 3.5 Gigabyte

Other Requirements: DVD Drive (not needed for download version)

The game does not work in a virtualized environment (virtual machine)

System Requirements SUGGESTED:

Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7

Processor: Pentium IV 2.8 GHz or equivalent speed AMD processor or better

Video Card: GeForce 6800 or Radeon x850 (256 Megabyte VRAM or better and must support 1024x768 or higher resolution) in OpenGL

System Memory: 1 Gigabyte or more RAM

Hard Drive Space: 4 Gigabyte

Other Requirements: DVD Drive (not needed for download version, but recommended for backup)

OSX is 10.6 and an Intel processor. Nothing more detailed, yet.

It looks like the ONLY place I didn't search was the ORDER PAGE...I guess I thought that I shouldn't go to the order page until I was sure of the requirements...chicken or the egg thing? Sorry for being dumb.

There is hope...I have an old but reliable P4 2.53 Ghz with 2 GiGs of ram and a Raedon 9550 video card. I think I meet the minimum requirement but barely OR MAYBE NOT the "suggested" requirements. Too bad because I am not buying a new computer just to play this game, but I have been enjoying the earlier CM trilogy for almost a decade. I guess I will just have wait to play this one...thanks very much. I should have figured that if I went to order page that I could have backed out if the requirements were not listed. I really appreciate your very prompt reply.

QUOTE=DaveyJJ;1237320]On the order page ...

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage_bfc&Itemid=26&category_id=36&product_id=280

System Requirements MINIMUM:

Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/Win7

Processor: Pentium IV 1.8 GHz or equivalent speed AMD processor

Video Card: GeForce 5200 or Radeon 9200 (32 Megabyte VRAM or better and must support 1024x768 or higher resolution) in OpenGL

System Memory: 256 Megabytes RAM

Hard Drive Space: 3.5 Gigabyte

Other Requirements: DVD Drive (not needed for download version)

System Requirements SUGGESTED:

Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7

Processor: Pentium IV 2.8 GHz or equivalent speed AMD processor or better

Video Card: GeForce 6800 or Radeon x850 (256 Megabyte VRAM or better and must support 1024x768 or higher resolution) in OpenGL

System Memory: 1 Gigabyte or more RAM

Hard Drive Space: 4 Gigabyte

Other Requirements: DVD Drive (not needed for download version, but recommended for backup)

OSX is 10.6 and an Intel processor. Nothing more detailed, yet.

• 5 years later...

My PC is a ASUS MB Z87 chipset, 8 GB RAM, SSD HDD, and Geforce 780 VGA. It is not strong enough to execute the larger maps in CMBN Great Swan fluently!
I wonder if it is something with the settings in my PC or if I really need a stronger PC? And if, what is then the bottleneck? Would a z160 chipset og a GFX 980 solve the issue?

Bille.dk - A Z170-based motherboard and/or a GTX 980 would probably give you slightly higher performance in game, but not to the extent you may be expecting with such higher-end hardware. What this may boil down to is what your definition of 'fluently' is when it comes to performance. Large, dense maps are probably almost never going to have really high frame rates (30 to 60+) if that is the criteria you are measuring (scrolling around the map giving orders or watching the action). The resolution you are running the game at and the graphical settings (within the game and those set for the graphic card) may have a significant impact on the performance you're seeing. This is a long thread, but the topic of Some performance and quality tips for NVIDIA users may have some info that might help your situation.

Admittedly CMx2 games are not as optimized graphically as other game titles may be. Battlefront simply does not have the manpower and resources to extensively optimize the graphics engine, which has the mild disadvantage of using OpenGL as its graphics API (less performance compared to the better optimized DirectX drivers under Windows). On top of this CM is doing quite a bit more than most other games in terms of LOS, spotting and other features of the game play that take up quite a bit of CPU time.

I would differ on the calculations and LOS being a major hurdle in performance.  With the game between turns and not doing anything but processing graphics, FPS barely changes.  Even when giving orders and running the game, the FPS only dips slightly.  But pan the camera across the map and that is when the stuttering starts.