Could we see a return to adjustable waypoints ?

In CMx1 we had the ability to move individual waypoints to allow finer adjustments of move paths, for some reason this has been omitted from CMSF, could it be restored in CMBN as it's annoying to have to delete the path back to the waypoint in question if you have it wrongly positioned.

15 Waypoints? Do you really plot that many at one time? I can't ever remember plotting more than 4-5 at a time and on average probably no more 2-3 so its not really a huge issue for me.

Yes if I'm on that 3rd path and something doesn't stick right its frustrating to have to start over so it's definitely needed at some point to avoid frustration because frustration <> Fun.

I don't play a lot of RT but when I do it would be very nice just to modify a waypoint instead of having to go back and re-plot the whole path.

Adjustable waypoints were "gamey" in that you could do a single waypoint at the ultimate destination of your unit, and the game would automatically break that into many waypoints and plot them around obsticals, etc -- without any command delay. Then, could adjust each individual point - all without command delays. I found this to be gamey as it could be used to do complex maneuvers without any command delay.

Adjustable waypoints were "gamey" in that you could do a single waypoint at the ultimate destination of your unit, and the game would automatically break that into many waypoints and plot them around obsticals, etc -- without any command delay. Then, could adjust each individual point - all without command delays. I found this to be gamey as it could be used to do complex maneuvers without any command delay.

I understand the rationale. But since CM puts us in many game roles simultaneously -- not only the overall force commander, but the leader of squads and platoons since there's no real lower-level command AI -- then waypoint adjustments could simply represent the squad leader carrying out the general order from above (e.g, "take that hill") with more specific verbal tactical orders of his own ("OK guys, to take the hill we're gonna turn right at that house over there, infiltrate through the orchard, and then flank left when we get to the stone wall...") What do you think?

This could be solved by the game setting a limit on how far you can adjusty a single waypoint. Adjust it too far and the current waypoint is removed along with any further waypoints in that chain.

So if you had a move order with 5 waypoints and you tried to adjust point 3 too far then you would remove points 3-5 and will need to plot your move beginning with point 2.

It's sort of like that in CM1. I think the unit's experience level and type dicatated how far from the original plot the way point could move but is was limited.

I guess it's not a huge issue, as someone stated above I think I usually plot less that 4 or 5 waypoints. And modification of those is usually just to lengthen the last move or 2 once the unit finds it's safe to continue.

Still would be nice though :)