Grid Lines?

Grids are something I like for the same reasons. As in the other CM games this will be something that will have to be modded to have. The grid is not an overlay, but rather drawn on each bmp. of terrain. That said, you cannot just "turn" grid on or off, but must replace the terrain tiles with those that have the grid drawn on each type of tile.

Grids are something I like for the same reasons. As in the other CM games this will be something that will have to be modded to have. The grid is not an overlay, but rather drawn on each bmp. of terrain. That said, you cannot just "turn" grid on or off, but must replace the terrain tiles with those that have the grid drawn on each type of tile.

Granted, if left up to the community to mod then this is pretty much the only way to do it. However there might be an integrated solution from BF that will allow grid lines to be turned on or off with a switch or options setting. Of course this would need to be added to that never ending hopes and dreams list that Steve seems to keep track of.

Would you want this prioritized before or after Bren Tripods?

However there might be an integrated solution from BF that will allow grid lines to be turned on or off with a switch or options setting. Of course this would need to be added to that never ending hopes and dreams list that Steve seems to keep track of.

Would you want this prioritized before or after Bren Tripods?

I believe that the majority of players would make use of grid lines to aid them in interpreting the field of battle. And then base troop dispositions and attack/defense schemes accordingly.

I'm not sure if the depiction of Bren Tripods would have any effect on the effectiveness of Bren guns. If not then its just misc eye candy and should be prioritized as such.

I believe that the majority of players would make use of grid lines to aid them in interpreting the field of battle. And then base troop dispositions and attack/defense schemes accordingly.

I'm not sure if the depiction of Bren Tripods would have any effect on the effectiveness of Bren guns. If not then its just misc eye candy and should be prioritized as such.

tsk, tsk "eye candy" indeed ... In one fell swoop you have just upset and insulted the entire Bren Tripod lobby. ;)

Not sure why developers put so much effort into making terrain look gorgeous and realistic, and then some folks (in the minority if BoB survey anything to go by) want grid lines all over the place. No worries about it, but it's odd.

Agreed. Contour lines would be so much more lovely and natural.

;)

Michael

tsk, tsk "eye candy" indeed ... In one fell swoop you have just upset and insulted the entire Bren Tripod lobby. ;)

Indeed! To the PENG challenge thread with him so that he may learn the error of his ways and seek forgiveness.

Next thing you know he'll be trying to dissuade us of the merits of dead cows or sumfink!