demo release

Ok I have to ask, as I can't wait to get hold of this game after waiting so long since CM1 (never really got into CMSF etc)

As the demos have been previewed around the world they must be in "reasonably" good working order, is the demo release weeks away or still months away??

Can anyone shed any light, or even just a wild guess!!??

It cant be too far away :) .. find something to keep your mind off it for 6 - 8 weeks (IMO :))

That's kind of what I am thinking too. The end of April or maybe a little sooner. Add the usual "barring the unforeseen" here. The unforeseen includes tsunamis, comet strikes, or the boys discovering a couple cases of wine in the office closet that they had forgotten about.

:D

Michael

in case you missed this post by battlefront:

Regarding the pace of release...

MOST of the time over the past 4 years has gone into improving the core engine, extending its game features, adding temperate environment, and making it understand WW2 technology. It's a lot of work that will never have to be done again.

Sure, we will continue to make improvements BUT we will have more control over what we tackle and when. When we set out to make a temperate environment we couldn't very well say "we'll handle water and bridges next release" or "I'm sure people wouldn't mind bocage being in CM:BN 2". Meaning, when we signed up to do Normandy we had a HUGE list of must haves which were huge, time consuming undertakings. Going forward the list of must haves is pretty much done. Now it's mostly wants instead of needs, which gives us a lot more flexibility.

We also hired Phil to help us keep things moving along.

The last year was actually a huge year for us from a productivity standpoint. We were working on all these things at the same time:

CM:SF NATO

CM: Afghanistan

CM:BN

We released 2 out of 3 last year and the 3rd is coming out very soon.

We're getting the kinks of the Modular system worked out as we go, but things are already much better than they were when we started Marines.

Steve

highlighting "We released 2 out of 3 last year and the 3rd is coming out very soon.".

That's kind of what I am thinking too. The end of April or maybe a little sooner. Add the usual "barring the unforeseen" here. The unforeseen includes tsunamis, comet strikes, or the boys discovering a couple cases of wine in the office closet that they had forgotten about.

:D

Michael

Great minds think a like Mr Emrys :D