Builtin PBEM interface?

Congrats on revamping the best wargame ever! I was very disappointed when CM left WW2 behind. Was wishing for this years ago but better late than never.

Could have been worse, I only found out about this 2 weeks ago. Am going batty as is waiting for a release date and cant imagine having been in the loop fer months. :)

Previously I played CM via PBEM on Band of Brothers and other sites. I seem to remember a third party program that was a huge help in managing PBEM files for those games.

Will CM:BN come with this feature for PBEM play?

Thanks

No, it won't unfortunately. However, hopefully sometime later this year we will be able to integrate this functionality into our Browser Toolbar. The API for the toolbar was recently much improved with a number of new powerful functions, which should allow us to finally complete that project. The idea is (among others) that you could be browsing the net and the toolbar would alert you when a new turn came in, and would allow you to grab the PBEM file, launch the game, and then later upload your PBEM file. An online opponent finder and improved chat (better than what is there now) would also be part of it. However... it will take some time after the Normandy release to complete this.

No, it won't unfortunately. However, hopefully sometime later this year we will be able to integrate this functionality into our Browser Toolbar. The API for the toolbar was recently much improved with a number of new powerful functions, which should allow us to finally complete that project. The idea is (among others) that you could be browsing the net and the toolbar would alert you when a new turn came in, and would allow you to grab the PBEM file, launch the game, and then later upload your PBEM file. An online opponent finder and improved chat (better than what is there now) would also be part of it. However... it will take some time after the Normandy release to complete this.

Thanks for the update Moon. I too was wondering on the status of better multiplayer functionality. I too would like it to be a in-game browser, I think most would. But at this point, anything is better.