Is this game coming with a WWII scenario...

The fact that it can be used to play WW2 scenarios puts me off a little...how can a game designed for WW1 be able to play WW2...it has me thinking this is SCWW2 with a WW1 skin.

I hope not though.

Hi Wodin

Don't worry, the game actually uses a different engine for playing WWII games.

In the editor there is a switch so that game designers can choose to make a scenario using either the WWI or the WWII engine.

This is simply there so that some of the new changes made for this WWI release, e.g. 8 Majors and an enhanced interface, can be enjoyed by WWII players too.

Putting it another way, you get two wars for the price of one! :)

Bill

War is war and its only a change in strategic play and tactical movement that differentiates WWI and WWII. They have a button to choose the type of scenario and the scripting allows you to make whatever you want. Its very well done.

I finished converting Brute Force 1939 to WWI engine and it works well. Some things the AI does different but they are for the better. They hold lines better and have allowed me to include better fleet scripting. So Im happy.

I am actually considering make a space game out of the engine creating my own counters based on a board game I created.

So not only will you get WWI scenario when its out, a more detailed WWII European theatre level scenario, you will get my Brute Force 1939 Global scenario too (which has been developed since the Patton edition)

You can't beat that in a deal for 1 game.