Name This Image

Try input-ing the image's URL into the search box at TinEye (Google it). From there you may be able to find a larger/hi-res version that's legible.

Yeah, I already tried TinEye before I posted here and no luck. I swear it was an album cover or artwork from the 70's or something, but if it was, surely TinEye wouldn't found it.

Damn...this is frustrating.

It doesn't show in tineye, and if you google "bananafishbones 8223e788.gif" this page is the only result!

it is not an album cover for Bananafishbones - they re all shown on the bands home page. It also doesn't seem to be anything to do with the Cure's song of the same name.

You dopes...Bananafishbones is the name of my ImageShack account.

It clearly (to me) says "pollution".

LINK

1971 – 14th Annual Grammy Awards

Best Album Cover: Pollution – Pollution

Dean O. Torrence, art director. Gene Brownell, photographer

Pollution - Pollution

Nicely done!

Here's a link to the actual page...

http://albumcoverproject.com/blog/2009/10/best-album-cover-design-grammy-award-1970s/

One thing I miss in the shift from LPs to CDs is the great cover art on the larger albums. It's hard to get a really arresting image on one of those little boxes.

Michael

I know what you mean.

They should just ship CDs in album cover packages. I mean, why not? You buy a bag of potato chips and it's only half full, so what not do the same for music. Only with this, there's an actual benefit by using larger packaging.

I know what you mean.

They should just ship CDs in album cover packages. I mean, why not? You buy a bag of potato chips and it's only half full, so what not do the same for music. Only with this, there's an actual benefit by using larger packaging.

They kind of did for a while. I remember in the '80s CD jewel boxes were packaged in these oversized plastic thingies that were next to impossible to open without tin shears. I guess that was to make it difficult to just walk into a record store and stuff a bunch of them into your pocket and walk out. They weren't notable for their cover art though, so it was a good thing that the practice ceased.

Michael