Northern California CM:BN Preview

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that sounds about right. I worked right around there for a few years... let's just say having my office building connected directly to the BART station was the only way I felt safe working overtime. :) We'll make sure everybody gets where they need to go, though.

Availability of parking near the event is important to me. I can only walk for a very short distance.

There is a tremendous amount of parking around the venue I'm shooting for - it's in Old Oakland and the city went out of its way to provide walkable parking for the area.

We can make it work regardless, though - I can pick you up at your car and drive you there if you can't park close enough to where we end up. That part of Oakland is pretty ill-used, though - there tends to be plenty of parking convenient to wherever you're going unless there's some kind of festival going on.

"There is a tremendous amount of parking around the venue I'm shooting for - it's in Old Oakland and the city went out of its way to provide walkable parking for the area.

We can make it work regardless, though - I can pick you up at your car and drive you there if you can't park close enough to where we end up. That part of Oakland is pretty ill-used, though - there tends to be plenty of parking convenient to wherever you're going unless there's some kind of festival going on."

Dear Phil,

Thank you for your kind offer. Count me in.

Dear Phil,

Thank you for your kind offer. Count me in.

You are most welcome. If everything works out, please PM me prior to the event and I'll give you my phone number. The same goes for anyone else who might need help on the day of the preview.

Unfortunately, Endgame has given me a firm but friendly "no" - they have certain requirements for hosting a product-related event and since they don't carry video games at all ultimately they decided they couldn't do it. Of course I'll still be making a visit (a visit to a games store without the kids? Hell yes!) and anyone who'd like to see the place and sift through their excellent collection of used games is welcome to come.

I'll be trying to tie up a conference room at the Marriott - it's literally just across the street from Endgame so your destinations won't change much at all. We'll need to bring munchies in. I'll try and bring a broad selection - let me know if anyone has any allergies, etc., so we can avoid bringing anything that might set them off. I'll let you all know about beer. :)

While I was hoping for Endgame this firms up dates considerably - we'll be doing a Saturday afternoon at the end of February unless every conference room in the area is booked. I'm hoping for the 26th.

Phil, any more info yet?

Hey joe... still trying to hash out the location. Moon suggested a different spot nearby that might work better than the Marriott. I'll update as things change.

I'm up for it. I live in Oakland and have been to Endgames and that whole downtown area quite often. If I get some free time from school I can make it to the preview.

Great, I hope to see you there. It'll be on Saturday the 26th... still working on *where* precisely but it'll be somewhere near Old Oakland.

I want to see a British upside-down machine gun with tripod! Sign me up!

AHEM

I have hired a bouncer and instructed him to kick out anyone who mentions the phrase "Bren tripods".

Mongo (his professional name is Mongo) is the twitchy type. I wouldn't cross him.

Awesome, I'll be bringing my sons (15 and 18 years old) along. They like to play too. Plus the 18 year old can be my DD! (And I'm not talking duplex drive)

Jet

Great! Look forward to seeing you there.

Right! So now that the date and time's firmed up let's get some RSVP's going. If you're planning on being [somewhere in Oakland where CM:BN will be joyfully played] on Sat. 26th in the afternoon, please send me a PM or post a new response here. I'll need responses rather quickly - if there's going to be 20 folks showing up I may need to rethink location. So! Let me know.

The basic plan is: we'll show you guys CM:BN, you'll get a crack at playing it, and we'll hang out and discuss it. You're welcome to come and go as you please. Depending on where we end up we may be eating in place or going out afterward - "come and go as you please" applies to dinner as well, of course. We won't force you to come out with us. :)