Wounded Soldiers

Euri

Yep, you collect weapons (not sure about ammo) and you score better points. I can't remember exactly how many points it is.

One would also think collecting the wounded and the dead would improve morale, but I have not done testing to determine if the game models this.

When points are allocated at the end is the a difference between numbers of KIA and WIA?

There is indeed a difference (I think untreated WIA have a 20% chance of being converted to KIA at scenario end). However, as far as I can recall, the point allocation for WIA and KIA is identical, so I don't think it actually makes any difference to the score.

Personally I just role-play it for extra enjoyment. I do my best not to leave wounded behind and I try not to call in air or artillery strikes on them.

DaveDash, I'm pretty sure that can't happen. My guess is it's a different guy going from green to yellow after buddy aid on the red guy is finished (whereupon he vanishes).

WIA stay WIA, they don't come back to fight again.

Well I've either read in the manual or heard BFC say it can happen, and I've seen it happen. It wasn't what you said, a squad with 1 man left went to 2 men after the red WIA got treated by his squad mate, and he ended up yellow. I specifically remember this squad going from 1 man to 2 men, and it was no where near any combat.

I like to allow soldiers to give aid when I can as well, it helps with immersion into the game, as it adds to realism... however I have recently had it backfire on me! I had some artillery spotters on a rooftop, one of the three was shot and the other two wisely got down for cover. when they moved towards there fallen comrade, to administer aid the got into a crouching position, they were spotted and subsequently riddled with bullets... :mad:

Well I've either read in the manual or heard BFC say it can happen, and I've seen it happen. It wasn't what you said, a squad with 1 man left went to 2 men after the red WIA got treated by his squad mate, and he ended up yellow. I specifically remember this squad going from 1 man to 2 men, and it was no where near any combat.

I actually saw this happening right now (for the first time).

Divided a Marine Squad to 3 FTs, one team caught some fire before entering a building, one casualty, I got them inside the building and suppressed the threat, then sent them back out to treat the wounded- meanwhile I jumped to a different location to see another event and when I jumped back to see if they're done i saw the wounded guy on his feet and back in the team.

Yes, have seen this before also,maybe 12 times, out of hundreds...using a medic does help.

I think if I recall, that every time I have seen it, they went from red to yellow,and still had the little "injured" cross on their weapon, but could still fight. And obviously, cant return them from the dead, but other than that, it is a chance...kind ofhave to decide whether to risk others under fire to save a moderately injured soldier, or wait until the firefight is finished, and possibly he is now KIA. Should give some "pixeltruppen" medal out to the soldiers who do that . :-)

Heh, the medal thing would be a nice little touch...We could have the game give out medals to particularly heroic pixeltroops. There could even be achievements like in World of Warcraft, stuff like knocking out an Abrams with an AT-3, or having a single soldier slay 25 enemies. :D

My kid brother plays this alot, and says that he actually does keep track. He is 17,and has more time than I do :) but says he keeps track in the same way as the old CMX1 games did, "2nd tank has 14 kills" or "antitank soldier 3rd Platoon assaults a house under heavy enemy fire" says it gets him more into it...I play RT, and is hard to keep track of many incidents like that even if otherwise I had the time, but I am glad that CM:BN is apparently bringing back that idea of a running "unit history".

Yes, have seen this before also,maybe 12 times, out of hundreds...using a medic does help.

I think if I recall, that every time I have seen it, they went from red to yellow,and still had the little "injured" cross on their weapon, but could still fight. And obviously, cant return them from the dead, but other than that, it is a chance...kind ofhave to decide whether to risk others under fire to save a moderately injured soldier, or wait until the firefight is finished, and possibly he is now KIA. Should give some "pixeltruppen" medal out to the soldiers who do that . :-)

That is mad. If true it's a great feature that many don't know about. I always always buddy aid unless it's obviously a death trap, and then do the best to make it safe. Never seen it. Never heard anybody mention it before.

I do always buddy aid also, and usually would not see this...as I said, 11 or 12 that I remember, out of hundreds of units who took casualties over that time. Generally, in a battle that really is only lasting an hour to maybe 4 hours for their longest battle, in real life most "injured"wouldn't return either,so the % is probably more or less realistic, too much so to be a "bug". I had just assumed it was known until I read this, or I would have paid more attention to if I did anything differently in those situations. I will look closely at the next situation, and see if there is something different that I did compared to others, right now playing through a NATO Bundeswehr campaign a friend made, and have not seen it yet, but I will watch close.

I do always buddy aid also, and usually would not see this...as I said, 11 or 12 that I remember, out of hundreds of units who took casualties over that time. Generally, in a battle that really is only lasting an hour to maybe 4 hours for their longest battle, in real life most "injured"wouldn't return either,so the % is probably more or less realistic, too much so to be a "bug". I had just assumed it was known until I read this, or I would have paid more attention to if I did anything differently in those situations. I will look closely at the next situation, and see if there is something different that I did compared to others, right now playing through a NATO Bundeswehr campaign a friend made, and have not seen it yet, but I will watch close.

he he, do better than look more closely at it you selfish so and so, please post a screen shot! :)

Imagine then, Steve comes in and says that's a bug- so we fixed it now.