Vehicle Tank Questions

Fear not...I just had a Spartan and a LMTV get bogged in mud...LOL first time I've seen this since I've been playing...anyhow, without any orders from me the drivers spun in forward, then reverse and so forth until they unbogged themselves...AND the suppression box read "bogged" so that answers that for me.

Mord.

Yeah, I was a little nervous about that to say the least--thanks for the info.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this has to do with modern munitions. Almost everything hit in CMSF blows up to pieces. Not much left to roll aftwrwards :D

Probably one to go on the nice-to-have-eye-candy list, but I'd love to see a "brewed up" Sherman and PZkwIV wreck with the turret knocked askew and a charred texture, billowing copious smoke. It could swap in for the dead vehicle once a cookoff occurred. Or just a generic smoking charred hull, burned down to the bogies.

(Always thought it silly that a VBIED remained intact and smouldering in its huge crater post-explosion).

I said "semi-transparent"; cf.

transparent, semi-transparent...bi pod...tripod, semantics my man!

I interpret that as equivalent to "shocked".

Welp, I did a test on a Bulldog and I got full suppression when the guy was hit and I couldn't do anything afterward but I think and hope for Normandy, that we could get a message down there in the suppression box letting us know that the crew is indeed shocked, by stating it. Panicked and shocked are different in my opinion...panic is like the guys are on the verge of bailing or doing something really stupid like driving into a ditch...shocked is that they are frozen from something horrible and can't function at all.

On a finer note...I was thinking a nice work around as far as crew casualties that remain inside a vehicle...couldn't the little dots just stay red so we know how many were KIAed? If a tank or what not gets knocked out and guys actually die or are severely wounded couldn't we see some red dots in the crew/passenger positions when we click on it, instead of all the info being blanked out...that would help with knowing what happened internally.

BTW The Brit guy in the above example just disappeared from the vehicle no blue or red and it wasn't even knocked out...

Mord.

Probably one to go on the nice-to-have-eye-candy list, but I'd love to see a "brewed up" Sherman and PZkwIV wreck with the turret knocked askew and a charred texture, billowing copious smoke. It could swap in for the dead vehicle once a cookoff occurred. Or just a generic smoking charred hull, burned down to the bogies.

I likes the way you think...

(Always thought it silly that a VBIED remained intact and smouldering in its huge crater post-explosion).

Me too!

Mord.