Any mounds to change loading mission music?

I just can't stand that "arab rock" anymore. I can't take it I tell you! :eek: I'd rather just have no music at all or if not something much... calmer, or just radio chatter Generation Kill style or something.

EDIT: I found the Red Dawn music mod which is much more to my liking, but I'd still rather not have any music at all... can anyone tell me how to do that?

EDIT #2: Actually I think I might like to have this as my intro music:

or this

or this:

lol ;) Can't decide. I love them all.

Is it as simple as getting the music file from the soundtrack and renaming it "music intro.wav" and putting it into the Z folder?

I once had this nice mod from Mord I think, with an alternate music file among others. Really liked that one. Can't find it in the repo anymore, bummer. Anyone know where to get it?

Nope...not me! I have a No Music Mod over at GreenasJades, though...

Mord.

My sound mod had new music

Ashes to ashes by Hans zimmer on the main menu (which I thought was perfect)

and "shoot to kill" by Two steps from hell as the loading music (they do of the movie trailer music), not quite perfect

If that's not it, I think there was one other music mod on greenasjade's site.

If you want to amplify a song, try a free audio editor like audacity. It'll look complex, but all you need to do is open it, amplify, export as wav.

Always loved the Where Eagles Dare music by Ron Goodwin.

One of the first movies I saw, I recall vast screen of a Leicester Sq theatre front row. Loud. Great movie too.

So, how can one get that to run in CMSF?

Ya it's my favorite old school war movie by far. And the main theme is incredible, always gets me pumped.

Like the man said, just get the soundtrack, convert to wav (if it's not already) and name it music splash or intro depending on whether you want it as the menu or loading music. And stick it in the Z folder.

My sound mod had new music

Ashes to ashes by Hans zimmer on the main menu (which I thought was perfect)

and "shoot to kill" by Two steps from hell as the loading music (they do of the movie trailer music), not quite perfect

If that's not it, I think there was one other music mod on greenasjade's site.

If you want to amplify a song, try a free audio editor like audacity. It'll look complex, but all you need to do is open it, amplify, export as wav.

THAT is some kickass menu music. Very middle eastern sounding but just way higher quality than the default (no offense BFC ;)), and not too "intrusive" so it's good as background.