What should I play first?

CaptRio

I'd play British first. The UK forces were hard to adjust to, and I really didn't like them initially coming off the USMC campaign. You have to really be mindful of ammo when playing them. The USMC and the NATO forces all have IFVs and AFV's that can really suppress enemy infantry. The UK also has no native ATGM on their vehicles, so AT duties fall to the Challenger and Jav teams and to a minor extent FOs and FACs.

The USMC is a very fun campaign, and the scenario designers really mastered the editor with the NATO release and it shows.

But the UK campaign both have very interesting and challenging missions, and the forces, while a departure, are a pleasure to play.

Anyhow thats my recommendation.

There were some great missions in the USMC campaign. Top notch stuff and hard as nails even with the quality and size of your attacking forces. But another vote for playing as the British. It's an initiation by fire and you learn quickly. If you can win playing as the British then you should do okay with the other forces. The British campaign is superb.

Gotta go with the Marines for your first campaign playthrough too. It's the easiest one since the Marines are walking nightmares for the Syrians. Then upping the level of difficulty is the British campaign. Then after that the most difficult ones of all is NATO.

Good luck and good hunting! ;)

As someone earlier stated,be very careful with the AAV.The AAV is the weak link in the Marine campaign.This thing is an RPG magnet,and I have suffered many dead Marines do to a single Syrian with an RPG.I think the Armor on the AAV is made from recycled styrofoam cups.Other then that,I agree.The Marines are so bad ass,and the first mission is like 5 SEAL or Force Recon teams against a crap load of enemy infantry.Like 15 guys vs about 80 or so,and it's a real challenge.

You say all this, but then you get in the Marines campaign missions like 'debouche to disaster' which are difficult by virtue of the horrible 'your reinforcements spawn in the field of fire of multiple Syrian rocket units' issue. (which is a general problem that the engine has always had with 'well I did better than expected and advanced to the edge of the map and then there was SUDDENLY TANKS').