Question re upcoming Caen expansion

pcelt

Also, does "original Battlefront version" specifically preclude the version available on Steam?

Yes, it does. Our release will only work with the Battlefront version of the game, sorry.

pcelt, the 1C devs will have to answer your question, I'm not sure.

Kursk features quite a few little improvements and is worthy of the investment. I bought both TOW 2 and Kursk together, and although the differences (apart from the theatre) are subtle, they are improvements none the less. The only thing I would say, the game from the defenders point of view is really difficult and quite poor in my honest opinion. It's a tank-rush basically. It's a completely different game from the attackers perspective and that's how I like to play it versus the computer. I will definitely invest in Caen.

Sneaksie-Thats not the exact battle I was hoping to replicate and the guys in the white coats will be arriving to take you away soon----But many thanks for the information--excellent news and a purchase of Caen is certainly looming.....

Cheers

I dont agree with you phil, especially if you are defending as german with 88s, tanks and artillery/bomber support you can take on a human player and win.

Well obviously, if you have the greater assets there is a higher probability of winning the scenario. I'm on about playing as the Russians in particular however. I have won some as the defender don't get me wrong, but I'm just pointing out that generally I feel it is too one sided. The tanks do appear to rush the defender though and quite often leave the infantry well behind. You could deem that as accurate I suppose but it often feels rushed and chaotic, without any coherency. I tend to play my games slowly and enjoy the long and drawn out battles. As the defender, my battle was over within 10 minutes (me as the winner). That's just not enjoyable in my opinion. But that said, I loved the single player campaign as the Germans, and that's where the game excels. Incidentally, I have never played another human opponent. I'd bet that game is fantastic. I only play it versus the AI.

Agree with Phil, in the campaigns the Russian fixed defensive works are mostly poorly placed and too easily identifiable. Plus they are fixed! Consequentially there is very little room for player input as to location of the defensive resources and the general defensive strategy. Lets just hope that in Caen if the defenses are fixed their location etc is historically accurate.