Target order

Too bad....

It would be really nice to see the replay and check out exactly what hit the striker, or at least by seeing vehicles damages graphics.

Thanks for you time.

I remember seeing an official post that visible damage on the 3d models is on the to-do list for CMx2 games, but won't make it into CM:N or something like that. Possibly the next title though. One of the ideas is to swap out portions of the 3d model with "damaged" parts after getting hit. That way you can have stuff look like it's getting bent and deformed and not just discolored with decals.

I remember seeing an official post that visible damage on the 3d models is on the to-do list for CMx2 games, but won't make it into CM:N or something like that.

I don't think Steve ruled out damage effects for CM:Game With No Name...at least as far as decals go. I think it was more the really cool effects like crap being blown off and stuff. I'd be fine with decals anyways...anything is better than what we have now.

Mord.

Steve on this very subject:

The first one is called "decals" which basically are graphics laid over the model to show where a hit was registered. The second involves changes to the actual model itself. The more the damage is tied to the type of damage the more work is required. We ultimately will have both decals and limited model damage. The problem is that decals require a lot of programming work and damaged models require a lot of artist time (and some programming time). That's why they aren't high priority from a development standpoint, though I can assure you that we want both in as soon as possible.

Nearly two years on, I hope BFC have managed to squeeze it in somewhere.

Did I? Certainly something I'm likely to have brought up.

I searched, could it be this?

There will be TONS of neat graphical improvements for CM: Normandy and more after that. But right now I don't think detailed vehicle damage will make it in. It's a major investment in time and looking at the calendar here... I don't see how we can fit it in. But we are trying to.

Of course, that calender had a year added to it so who knows what got added. Probably not though.

Interesting stuff in that thread. Well worth the re-read.

Still not entirely convinced by Steve. Three years seems time in which features that are not going towards the simulation but are cool to have might make it in.

I've been slowly de-hyping on the future of CM. Just doesn't seem to be keeping up with my expectations. Seems being the operative word as there has been such a shocking lack of bones that CM:N could be everything I could want it to be and I wouldn't know it.

We will see.

Yeah, that's the thread I was thinking of...I came across it a few weeks ago searching for something else.

My fingers, toes, legs and eyes are crossed, hoping there's gonna be a ton of kick ass stuff added...

Mord.