CM:N - the simple things request thread

actually having played CMSF for the first time on 2 years again moveable/amendable way-points would be helpful.

also miss the ability to place squads at an exact location i.e forced to deploy in a square / grid. Completely understand this must be limited to the game engine though , just kind of awkward coming form CMx1.

Takes a bit of getting use to but over all i have to agree is a cracking engine once patched.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* More realistic effects - I don't mean any fancy graphics, but to have the dust/debris react in a more realistic manner after explosions and that sort of thing would be awesome. I have yet to see a game that does the mushroom cloud thingies after an explosion like what happens from a JDAM strike.

Someone made a great smoke mod, sorry don't remember the name. It's in the depository.

actually having played CMSF for the first time on 2 years again moveable/amendable way-points would be helpful.

also miss the ability to place squads at an exact location i.e forced to deploy in a square / grid. Completely understand this must be limited to the game engine though , just kind of awkward coming form CMx1.

Takes a bit of getting use to but over all i have to agree is a cracking engine once patched.

You say that, but in CMx1 all you were doing was designating a point around which the representation of your squad existed in a kind of quantum electron cloud state.

You have more control now over the positioning of your squad than you did back then.

You say that, but in CMx1 all you were doing was designating a point around which the representation of your squad existed in a kind of quantum electron cloud state.

You have more control now over the positioning of your squad than you did back then.

fair point, i guess using the FACE option does align them along a ridge (for example) pretty well. Do sometimes see a single squad member hanging off the edge a little or on the downhill of a slope , but is better than CM1 i agree. So what you are saying is in CM1 you can define any spot but the unit in question doesnt nessesary go there. In CM2 they hit the square and align them selves is a better fashion.

Stingray: The "Early Surrender" irritation can be easily eliminated if designers put in enemy reinforcements that are timed to arrive AFTER the end of the scenario. The AI takes them into account when determining auto-surrender and so you will effectively reduce, maybe eliminate early surrender.

So, we have to somehow make sure designers know this.

Someone made a great smoke mod, sorry don't remember the name. It's in the depository.

I meant the behaviour of the smoke/dust.

Also, would it be possible to have the smoke from burning vehicles rise in a less uniform fashion: smoke tends to rise unevenly. I can see this presenting problems to the viewblock however so I'm not sure.