about Close combat....

Cute. :)

I only bring this up since I am a bit tired of watching enemies run amongst my troops and watch them awkwardly look around for 5-10 seconds as they stand 2 meters away from each other before someone decides to start shooting.

I have a good imagination, they are bayonetting each other in my mind. Yes. :D

*oh and bayonet uses 5.56 ammo. because.... it does.

Cute. :)

I only bring this up since I am a bit tired of watching enemies run amongst my troops and watch them awkwardly look around for 5-10 seconds as they stand 2 meters away from each other before someone decides to start shooting.

From what I've seen there is no official word yet. Way back I think it was mentioned that it'd be more desirable for CMN. My guess is that hand to hand, if in, would be a big bone so more likely to find out nearer release.

Funny how much I used to enjoy the mere artificial sound of shovel for hand to hand. Some animations may get me adicted and adopt tactics acordingly...

Every time troops get close to one another in CMN, the game will play this clip. :D

Actually I do not think that it´s a bad idea. Well, not this clip obviously but premade animations with game graphics. Once close combat starts, the game calculates the outcome "behind the scenes" while the clip displayed is eyecandy only. Obviously that´s only a workaround until the 1:1 representation gets better, maybe they already achieved it in CMN?

Actually I do not think that it´s a bad idea. Well, not this clip obviously but premade animations with game graphics. Once close combat starts, the game calculates the outcome "behind the scenes" while the clip displayed is eyecandy only. Obviously that´s only a workaround until the 1:1 representation gets better, maybe they already achieved it in CMN?

I believe something like that's been done before in a video game.

Seems like I recall in CMx1 that when opposing troops were in the same building or foxhole there would be the sounds of a fight and the troop animations would jerk around as if they had been buttstroked or something. It's been quite a few years for me, but I don't think I'm making this up.

Michael

Shovel sounds. I don't think that they jerked in close combat.

I think Battleground? series showed clips. Great for 5 minutes boring repeats after that.

Wild in the Streets was a slam dancing anthem! I saw the CJs live in my sordid youth at the Continental down in Buffalo, and then about 20 years later at the House of Blues in Chicago (actually, I just heard them through the walls as I was having dinner there).

This is America... How's your favourite son? Do you care just what he's done?

Once again MeatBter lives up to his handle.

But then, you're all pretty filthy-minded...

gonnagetit.gif

Michael

At least give me some credit, I set that up perfectly. :D

Wild in the Streets was a slam dancing anthem! I saw the CJs live in my sordid youth at the Continental down in Buffalo, and then about 20 years later at the House of Blues in Chicago (actually, I just heard them through the walls as I was having dinner there).

This is America... How's your favourite son? Do you care just what he's done?

I never did see CJ, first show I went to was

tour in late 80s. To say it was an eye opener would be a great understatement, what a doozy. Ahhh the memories of a misspent youth. :eek:

dri-thrashzone-300x300.jpg