New Zealand earthquake

See, for example, the sad story of the price Charlotte King has paid for her own, carefully scientifically tested, abilities. http://www.viser.net/~charking/

They may be scientifically tested, but I don't see any results there that show them to be statistically significant.

It's a bit like calling a product "clinically tested", it means nothing.

hoolaman,

The crustal workings before a quake cause Earth emissions which can interfere with or even destroy electronics. Larry Park, the guy who came to my home in Carson got interested in Earth emissions after painstakingly tracing what was killing the hard drive controllers in the massively parallel supercomputer for which he was responsible. Before the Nisqually 6.8 (AKA the Seattle quake), we had not only all kinds of electronic malfunction reports with garage door openers, keyless remote entry systems, alarms and more but lots of computers malfunctioning, and some killed off via fried motherboards all over the PNW. It affected my rig way down in SoCal in ability to go online, browser crashes, freezes, so my iMac ultimately became outright useless, effectively a doorstop, in the last few days before the quake hit. Within two hours of the Nisqually quake (part of a powerful global quake string), my computer was once again rock solid and reliable. So, har and all, but here's what really happens. http://www.terraresearch.net/newsletter/tr_newsletter_050104.html The good news? This computer's nowhere nearly as affected as my Gen One iMac used to be, but right now, it's barely functioning, so am expecting large seismic event and soon. And, yes, the Alderan comparison is somewhat apt, though fortunately the scale's smaller. Even so, the empathic load/disturbance in the Force is off the charts these days. So much trauma! And that's atop the Earth strains and other environmental effects on me. As for Charlotte King, she can do things that are supposedly scientifically impossible--despite the scientists and their opinions. They couldn't predict the eruption of Mt. St. Helens, but she did to within 12 hours, nor do most people hear into the infrasonic range, but she can. Petra Challus is another sensitive who hears tones and has a demonstrated successful quake prediction track record. http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_sensitivesearthquakes.htm I don't hear tones myself. My gift, if something that destroys your life may be so termed, doesn't work that way. Instead there are sets of symptoms I know from many years of experience indicate certain events are about to happen or are occurring.

Regards,

John Kettler

Petra Challus's eartone based predictions were evaluated by Roger Hunter and found to be no better than chance.

Charlotte King has never revealed the results of her evaluation.

Suggest you read: Predicting the Unpredictable: The Tumultuous Science of Earthquake Prediction

Susan Hough's book about earthquake prediction reminds us that many respectable scientists and numerous nutcases have tried--and failed. Predicting the Unpredictable tells us what has been tested and abandoned and why. It follows the winding path taken by this potentially useful discipline in the past four decades, from the shadows to centre stage and back again. . . . Famous moments in earthquake prediction are dissected for the reader through Hough's diligent research in obscure archives; history will thank her for these abandoned threads.

(Roger Bilham Nature )

http://www.amazon.com/Predicting-Unpredictable-Tumultuous-Earthquake-Prediction/dp/0691138168