CMSF modules mail version

hey there, ive been planing on buying the mail version of the marines+british pack. I just have one question. the product they send is a CD/DVD right? as in a hard copy which i can keep forever? thanks. :)

PS: not that it makes any diference but does it come with any special packaging to keep the game in? :D

cheers!

For a Fourth of July weekend only special, it will come packaged with an M4. Helluva deal eh! :D

LE-Patrolman-Carb-A2-Blue.jpg

jeje ill be sure to rush and buy it!

another question :) is it preferable to buy a new copy of CMSF or can i buy it cheaply second hand for my friend? if i remember correctly there was some kind of cd key that might be usless second hand? thanks :)

One cool thing about buying the mail/cd version is that you are still able to download the download version. SO you don't have to wait for the mail to arrive.

Second hand copy? Might not be the best place to ask that because they would rather you bought a new one from them on this site. Plus, you do need to be careful with the cd key. If it is currently installed twice already it won't work for you.

One cool thing about buying the mail/cd version is that you are still able to download the download version. SO you don't have to wait for the mail to arrive.

Second hand copy? Might not be the best place to ask that because they would rather you bought a new one from them on this site. Plus, you do need to be careful with the cd key. If it is currently installed twice already it won't work for you.

Are you sure about that? I recall only able to either get the download version, boxed version, or both that cost extra. But that was back when CMSF shipped in 2007, maybe it changed.

Yeah your only allowed to have the game installed on two PCs at a time. But it can be unlicensed and reinstalled however many times you need.

I had an issue when I sold my copy of ToW on eBay awhile back. Since my first install got screwed when my HD failed. I unlicensed the second install from my new PC but the buyer wanted the two allowed installs, one for his laptop. I directed him to BF support , I assume it got worked out, never heard from him again.

ok so 2 or so more questions pls :)

1. so basically if I buy a second hand CMSF base game i risk no been able to activate the game dew to an already used CD key?

2. does the game have to be registered online to battlefront.com? i dont think so but just to make sure.

3. if i buy a download version of any of the games here, could I save or burn that info onto a disk or another storage device to keep it as a hard copy? or would this be illegal?

thanks!

ok so 2 or so more questions pls :)

1. so basically if I buy a second hand CMSF base game i risk no been able to activate the game dew to an already used CD key?

As long as they unlicensed the game it'd still be usable. But you do run the risk of them not having bothered to do that.

2. does the game have to be registered online to battlefront.com? i dont think so but just to make sure.

No.

3. if i buy a download version of any of the games here, could I save or burn that info onto a disk or another storage device to keep it as a hard copy? or would this be illegal?

thanks!

Nope and in fact I highly recommend you do. After you purchase the game you can only download it for a year. So hang onto that install file!

As long as they unlicensed the game it'd still be usable. But you do run the risk of them not having bothered to do that.

No.

Nope and in fact I highly recommend you do. After you purchase the game you can only download it for a year. So hang onto that install file!

thank you ever so much :)!

1. If you buy a used Battlefront version, make sure you get the key from the buyer, and make sure that the key is unlicensed. If the buyer does not unlicense his key, you may not be able to use that key, as it may already be active on two PCs (which is the limit for concurrent activations, i.e. you cannot have a key in use at the same time on more than two PCs).

2. We do not require any "registration". Games bought from us need a license key "activation" after installing them to elicense. This can be done with one click if your PC is online, or there is a multi-step "offline" procedure as well.

3. Our EULA (End User License Agreement) specifically allows you to make copies of the setup files you download from us after your purchase. In fact, this is highly recommended, because we do not offer digital storage for products you buy from us. So it is highly advisable to make backup copies (e.g. burn to disc, USB stick, external HD etc.) because once your download expires (after 365 days or 10 downloads), you cannot download anymore. Copying a game won't let you run it anyway. You need the license key activation.

BTW, we have an extensive Knowledgebase at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk which answers all of these questions (and many more)!