Unfair US Advantages

Okay, here is what I have learned about the USA.

In the scenario I am playing the USA is neither at war with Germany or Japan. It's still neutral.

However, here is what I noticed the USA gets away with.

1. It has ships in the harbors of St. John's and Halifax. Yet, the US is neutral. This has become a serious disruption to axis invasion of Canada.

2. The Germans control the Seuz canal. However, an amphibious transport just sailed right through it as if they controlled it.

3. US navy in the pacific likes to park itself in Japanese sea space blocking ports and axis.

4. US still built a tank group on the canadian side of border near Vancouver

When the time comes to go to war with the US, I'll say this. They have given the axis enough "casus beli" to ignite it.

Cheers,

geofighter

If the US navy is busy patrolling German or Japanese waters then surely this is causing aggravation in the USA and therefore lowering US readiness?

I would have thought that it would benefit the Allied player far more to get the USA into the war as quickly as possible, than to use their navy in annoyance missions like this well outside their territorial waters. Am I wrong, or is this in a mod which doesn't have all the scripts to cater for this that the main campaigns have?

Okay, these are about game mechanics here. Not what I'd like as a player for what if scenarios. Now I am really PO'ed. I thought I bought a good product but maybe I thought wrong. I am extremely upset and angry at this game right now and I plan to mail my disk back to the company (yes, I'm seriously that angry) It's like this game was never play tested before release. At least from an Axis perspective.

I overcame the port confiscations when I declared war on the U.S. by blowing them out of the water. Still, It goes against game playability to let the U.S. pass in allied ports when it is neutral. You cannot successfully invade Canada if the U.S. has all 3 canadian ports plugged up.

Furthermore, even with all the "loops" turned off the U.S. is still moving troops from Western Canada to the east. It wouldn't be so bad except they cannot be attacked until they move. Again. If the loop is turned off this shouldn't be happening. The U.S. is pooping armies all around Winnipeg that I can't touch. That makes the game unplayable! I lose because I cannot attack the enemy.

I thought this is the best WWII game ever. I'm thinking now I have been ripped off by a broken game system. Still, I faith that this can be fixed.

Angrily yours,

Geofighter

You must be seriously misunderstanding something here. It should be near to impossible to invade us-can anyway (completely unreasonable that this could happen), so not sure how you can say it is unreasonable, but all that can be fixed, why not try a different scenario as they are all available and you can also download mods at no cost and some may have those things changes.

My experience is that virtually everything that is an issue gets fixed.

Thanks, helped to let out a little fury. I the glitch stopped. I think the "loop" disable didn't happen right away.

You're right about it being nearly impossible to to take on the U.S. but this is a game, not a historical remake. It hasn't been easy taking the U.S. and Canada I was almost annihilated by the U.S. navy with very few ships surviving. Still these are playability issues to me. The AI should be restricted to rules too. A neutral major power cannont enter the territory of an aligned neutral power if not both at war with the same enemy. Says so in the rules.

Also, I can see why it one shouldn't be able to attack units that just come over a loop because there aren't enought loops to bring over a large force en mass. Still, once those units move or attack they should become fair game. Oh, and when you turn off a script, then the script should turn off. Period.

That's my take.

Geofighter,

Sorry to hear about the trouble but at the same time I'm a little confused as I cannot repeat any of these issues with the v1.02 patch. Can you confirm that you are playing with the latest version?

I think the easiest thing for me to assess the issues would be to see a few of the questionable turns and if you can send them to me at support@furysoftware.com I'd be glad to take a look.

Hubert