Will the new patch address framerates?

Low framerates reported in first few missions are caused by big amount of units acting simultaneously, some systems fare better than others in such stressful conditions. To improve the framerates, unit count in these missions might be reduced, but this will be obviously undesirable for those who don't have problems. New patch contains further AI delays and algorithms tuning (along with other fixes and new content), which may improve framerates as well, but your mileage may vary.

If you have low framerates in big battles, try turning performance-hungry graphics features first (for example, dithered shadows). If this doesn't help, but your fps go sky-high when you pause the game, it means that the cpu is the bottleneck. I would play such engagement using 0.5 time speed (selected at the top of the screen) until unit count drop.

Low framerates reported in first few missions are caused by big amount of units acting simultaneously, some systems fare better than others in such stressful conditions. To improve the framerates, unit count in these missions might be reduced, but this will be obviously undesirable for those who don't have problems. New patch contains further AI delays and algorithms tuning (along with other fixes and new content), which may improve framerates as well, but your mileage may vary.

If you have low framerates in big battles, try turning performance-hungry graphics features first (for example, dithered shadows). If this doesn't help, but your fps go sky-high when you pause the game, it means that the cpu is the bottleneck. I would play such engagement using 0.5 time speed (selected at the top of the screen) until unit count drop.

well said...but then you have to change system requirements in the game specs

Sneaksie: I think you will find that most people ARE having problems with framerates. There is a whole thread on it. We have already tried using programs that shut down all unnecessary running programs and lowering the game requirements to bare minimum settings. That hasn't helped. And we didn't pay all this money to see graphics from the 1980s. We are also experiencing crash to desktop and lockups. That would indicate there is a good deal wrong with this sim besides just framerates. Why would the developers not address these problewms in this upcoming patch? Do they not read the posts and bug reports posted on here? Does nobody let them know what is going on with this sim?

Most people have solved their framerate problem by NOT PLAYING the campaign AT ALL. That is hardly a viable option. We paid for a full game with all features functioning in it. Knaust1 is correct. If this game is taxing the system MORE than what the system requirements show, and we certainly have a bunch of guys with systems that EXCEED the optimum system requirements, then you are gonna have to change the system requirements to something more advanced than what is advertised. We really don't want any "new content" at this point. We want the present content to work correctly. If this patch is just more add-ons and units, then please delay it and give it back to the developers to fix GAMEPLAY.

• 6 months later...

I'm sure you guys have done like I did and tried all sorts of different settings, but I'll toss this out anyway. I've found the best frame rates for me by twinking my graphic card setting to forced 2x anti-alias, forced 2x filtering, closed down my 2nd screen and set card to single screen mode, closed all other processes and programs, etc. Then I turned off ambient occulsion in the game. Most everything else is set on high except water. Now it runs pretty dang smooth with the exception of when there are lots of planes on strafing runs. The biggest help seemed to come from turning off the ambient occulsions.

Hope this helps some.

Salute!

Dell XPS 710

6600 Quad-core 2.8 Ghz

4 Ghz DDR somethingorotheer

nVidia Geforce GTX 260

M-audio soundcard

7200 rpm SATA HD

I've just picked up all the TOW games on steam and I was having framrate hassles as well, despite having a rig that surpasses all the best requirements - I did the occlusion thing and killed shadows etc and still had problems ,so I turned off the high detail sky option ,I'm now running all the games with high settings for everything and 4x aa ,not sure if the sky's dynamic with the high setting or just a really big texture but I dont look at the sky when playing so no big lose ;)

It seems relevant that some people are continually having a framerate problem whereas others are not. Unless my logic has failed that points to problems within the control of the individual player even if he has tried to find the cause and failed. My system is quite a modest one and not specifically specced for gaming yet it is only where there is a hell of a lot of action going on including aircraft strafing that it starts to stutter and will very occasionally crash. Which is why regularly saving the game is a good thing to do.

My specs: Windows XP, Pentium RD 3.4 GHz, 1 gig RAM, G'force 7300 GT.