Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Will the Repository Return?

If our server migration hadn't been so rudely interrupted the Repository service would still be up and running. But we had to rush and other things have been chewing up our time. The good news is that most of the major services have been restored so in a few days I think we can see about getting the Repository back online. Just a few more core services that have to be straightened out first.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
If our server migration hadn't been so rudely interrupted the Repository service would still be up and running. But we had to rush and other things have been chewing up our time. The good news is that most of the major services have been restored so in a few days I think we can see about getting the Repository back online. Just a few more core services that have to be straightened out first.

Steve

Ok it's been a week, whats the word?

!!!

Just so you understand how this works, once you fix ALL the little things which give me something to complain about, I will then complain about the LACK of things to tweak.

Thanks,

Ken

I know, kinda of a bummer with the CMN bone last week and now the repository will be back soon. What next can we all complain about? :D

I know, kinda of a bummer with the CMN bone last week and now the repository will be back soon. What next can we all complain about? :D

When I was serving in VS21 in the Navy we used to always say that "a bitchin' sailor was a happy sailor"... of course we also used to say that "nothing was sailor-proof" too!! ;)

Ok it's been another week, can BF disclose any info about the delay? Are you guys checking all the files for a virus that hacker left behind or something?

No. The Repository requires major recoding to work on the new server, and securely at that. We have also taken the opportunity to upgrade the codebase, opening the road for some additions and modifications later on. And lastly, other important security audits had to be made first before we can bring the Repository back up.

Martin

No. The Repository requires major recoding to work on the new server, and securely at that. We have also taken the opportunity to upgrade the codebase, opening the road for some additions and modifications later on. And lastly, other important security audits had to be made first before we can bring the Repository back up.

Martin

Ok Martin, thanks for the info/update. :)