I'm done with this sim

I have a top notch system and TOW Kursk will not even start for me....so be lucky that you atleast got to see where you're money was blown..

That's what is so frustrating. There are MANY of us that have high end or high power systems that have no problem running other games that are much more demanding. I wonder just how much system resources TOW Kursk really uses? I mean they recommend dual core processors, but I just figured that they did that because that was mainly what is available nowadays. Cripes....is this sim actually USING both cores to operate? The MINIMUM requirements are CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon64 X2 (2,4GHzor better).

So that is TWO 2.4 GIG processors. 4.8 GIG all together.

Recommended requirements are

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 or AMD Phenom II X550

That is TWO INTEL 3 GIG processors or 6 GIG

If this sim is using BOTH processors and it STILL can't run without dropping into a slideshow, then something is VERY wrong. Optimum RAM is listed as 4 GIG. Most folks have that and even more.

Graphics: nVidia GF 8800 or AMD Radeon HD 4850 with 512MB RAM or better

Most folks have WAY more that 512 meg of onboard graphics RAM.

Just doesn't make sense. What also has me wondering is the recommendation of Windows 7 or VISTA 64 bit operatig systems. There aren't a whole lot of sims/games that are written for 64 bit OS. Although the 64 bit system DOES allow you to break through the 4 GIG RAM limitation of 32 bit systems. But Does TOW Kursk actually run better in 64 bit? I have WinXP 64 bit and I get a slideshow in the first mission of the campaign. And I pretty much meet or exceed the optimum specs.

I have an Intel i7c...quad core..

The game won't start so it isn't using any resources. I also have windows 7 64 bit...so...word of caution to anyone thinking about buying the game that has windows 7 64bit OS, the game will not run.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and I had no problems with the install. I made sure to give admin rights to the installer directly and then the .exe too. If you don't know the procedure (but I'm sure you do...) right click over ToW Kursk .exe and look for "properties" at the bottom of the window. Click on the compatibility tap and check the box beside "Run this program as an administrator" in the Privilege Level area. I hope this helps.

Not only are they great they are realistic. I still play them.

I played a Simple Editor tank battle with only Pz III's ( L42 gun) and a couple IIs against T70's and T34's and was shocked at the ease I had taking out the T34's.

Then I realized the PzIII (L42) ammo load was 18 APCBC PzGr39 and 40 rounds of two different APCR PzGr40 rds !! There was HE and HEAT as well.

I then went back to CMBB and the oly APCR PzGr40 I could find were 1,2 or 3 rds in Marders, Pz III (L42) and the 5 cm Pak. This is realistic and historical.

The graphics are very nice compared to CM but I agree with "Deputy" that function or game play is more important. I also like the infantry graphics and their weapons choices but find the full names for each just unnecessay and silly. You have to need to manage down to that level. A better system for controlling squads needs to be used rather than managing each soldat.

you can change very easily the ammo loads with the Mission editor if you like it more realistic.

BTW, ToW's armor damage model is by far more realistic than CM's.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=79956&highlight=armor+diagramm

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and I had no problems with the install. I made sure to give admin rights to the installer directly and then the .exe too. If you don't know the procedure (but I'm sure you do...) right click over ToW Kursk .exe and look for "properties" at the bottom of the window. Click on the compatibility tap and check the box beside "Run this program as an administrator" in the Privilege Level area. I hope this helps.

Tried that, didn't work for me unfortunately. Thanks though

Pchandler43 - have you 'Submitted a Ticket at our Helpdesk yet ? Have you tried experimenting with DEP (Data Execution Prevention) settings as detailed in this Knowledgebase artilce on DEP (though it doesn't mention the specific file for TOW 2 Kursk 1943, which is Kursk1943.exe) ?

Have you been able to license the game at all yet or does the license dialog box not come up either ? Are you running any anti-virus/security software on your system ? Is is ZoneAlarm or Kaspersky ?

Edit: OK... I didn't see your post below this one.

you can change very easily the ammo loads with the Mission editor if you like it more realistic.

BTW, ToW's armor damage model is by far more realistic than CM's.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=79956&highlight=armor+diagramm

Thanks for the idea of changing the game's preset ammo loads for the German APCR rds. I wasn't aware I could change the game's campaign units in the ME. Yep, 40 rds per PzIII (L42 gun) is a bit too excessive (but the Wehrmacht tank crews would've loved it for a sure-fire short range kill).

Did you try the DEP settings ? It's not absolutely clear that you did. DEP can be a possible cause of the game not running.

Is your copy of ZoneAlarm the free firewall or is it a full security suite that you purchased ? The 'Browser Security Toolbar' typically gets installed with the firewall (though there is an option to not install it) and I assume that it is also part of the full security suite.

I'm not sure why the download version wouldn't license, but you say that the DVD install did license successfully.

Do you have other security software installed on the computer ?

Did you try to download the demo and see if it worked or not ? The idea is to see if the issue is primarily with the eLicense encryption or the actual game itself.