This game looks very promising

I was just lamenting my computer issues in regards to Combat Mission 2.

One of the downsides of upgrading a computer is that it makes older games obsolete. I am very much hoping this game will transition in seamlessly.

There are many RTS type games on the market to choose from, but scant few take great pains to deliver a game with top notch realism. Being developed by teams such as IC and Battlefront the future looks quite promising.

There isn't a whole lot of information available about this game yet. I'm assuming this game will work well with ATI cards. Does anyone know whether this game will impliment into widescreen formats?

Looking forward to hearing more about this game.

Sometimes Paul timing is everything. My comp is 7 years old and I've been holding off getting a new PC waiting for the right game to come along. For TOW Kursk I'm definitely getting a gaming rig now prior to purchasing the game.

Only the really old games become obsolete. I know dual processors can present a problem for some.

really looking forward to playing this game.

I agree with you in regards to timing. The timing for me unfortunately wasn't driven by a game I wanted to play, it was so I could do computer simulation work at home over the weekends instead of wasting hours on the road. Of course the fringe benefit is that my PC is very good for gaming.

In my last PC upgrade I traded my 19 inch monitor for a 32 inch HDTV. Since the new game will support widescreen I would think this PC upgrade alone would be beneficial for the extra FOV.

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping that the TOW II Kursk user interface will be user friendly.

I downloaded the TOW II demo this weekend and the controls did not feel intuitive at all. It doesn't appear that you can rotate your view by screen edges, and the scroll button zoom seems backwards to me. I looked in the options but didn't see where those could be changed.

I am hoping that it will be easy to select units and give orders as well as the units which are given orders will follow these correctly. (Understanding of course that rattled or out of commands units might not follow orders predictably)

In reading the previous TOW II forum it does appear that there is a glitch where units have difficulty in facing the correct direction.

I plan to buy this game regardless, but if a lot of things are done right I will absolutely tell all my friends from the gaming group I belong to.

To look around, primary method is to press and hold the mouse wheel and move the mouse. This way you can look anywhere like in FPS. To rotate the camera, you can also use cursor keys (or remap these functions to other ones). Look into game settings - tabs camera and controls > camera.

Sometimes Paul timing is everything. My comp is 7 years old and I've been holding off getting a new PC waiting for the right game to come along. For TOW Kursk I'm definitely getting a gaming rig now prior to purchasing the game.

Only the really old games become obsolete. I know dual processors can present a problem for some.

really looking forward to playing this game.

Im running a Dell with a i7 2.67GHz, 9GB RAM and a NVIDIAGTX260 1.8

WHen playing the demo I maxed everything out and it runs smoothly except when I zoom all the way in on the ground and notice the frame rate dropped and "stuttered." I went to "normal" on the grass and then the whole game runs smooth. So, if you want to run the game smoothly with everything maxed, then youll need to match what I have or do better. Its a hardware demanding game... good luck with your purchase!

To look around, primary method is to press and hold the mouse wheel and move the mouse. This way you can look anywhere like in FPS. To rotate the camera, you can also use cursor keys (or remap these functions to other ones). Look into game settings - tabs camera and controls > camera.

Thank you, the free look option does help considerably.

I still find that it is hard to select units and give them orders. Sometimes I think I've selected a unit to pick up something, move somewhere or attack something and the action doesn't appear to carry out. I'm sure a lot of it is just my unfamiliarity with the way interactions are carried out in the game, yet I still feel this could be improved on.

All in all I would have to say I really like the scale and approach of the game; so I see no reason to back away from purchasing TOW II Kursk.

The demo has a realistic feel to it when I am able to convey orders correctly.

I did the same thing, I kept holding off on a new computer and then I went out and bought a system from digital storm and I did all the pricing and the computer cost me a few hundred dollars above cost. The good thing is flawless operation and no problems, plug in and ready to go. You get a nice system now and you will appreciate it. It looks like computers need to be upgraded like our bodies as they get old. I can plop any game on the hard drive and it works high end

if you get a hard drive get a real fast one at 10,000 rpm's (Velocity Raptor)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to this game now! Imagine changing the name of a Tiger tank commander to your name and increase your and your crews skills after each battle to become a real war veteran! The ability to change the names of the soldiers and tanks etc. is a great new feature together with the ability to see where and with what your units where hit. The theatre is too very interesting, im reading about "battle of Kursk" right now and looking forward to the release!